PDA

View Full Version : Original '76 Winchester parts... what're they worth?

45Driver
02-22-2011, 09:34 AM

missionary5155
02-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Good morning
I have an origonal 76 in 45-60
This is a tough one with no pictures of the toggles or idea if these parts were in a working model. Cut short barrels are maybe half the value of a full length good barrel.
The other parts are tough also as that is controlled by how many people want it today. If they are in normal shape about $75 each would be a starting price... I have seen parts listed on GB that went for this or less or more depending on how many people want it today.
The stocks ... well the price for new minus 20% to sell today. Repro parts again are 20% less than new to sell quickly. You can put new price on them and they will sit a long time.
Personally I would assemble the parts and sell as a complete shooting rifle. That is my non expert reply.

Win86
02-22-2011, 11:49 PM
Original parts have value, not so much with relacement modern parts: Talk to Jim at: www.tapaderaswinchesters.com - His number is on their website.

Win86

Win86
02-24-2011, 03:56 PM
KEEPING his rifle would be smart; just not many of these around now as few 76's were made. I feel fortunate to own one myself, it is 45-60 round barrel with about 99% bore and 90% everywhere else accept the barrel blue which is thinning some for sure. I bought a set of replacement toggles that are used for shooting this rifle thus preserving the originals that are perfect condition. My dies and brass came from Bullalo Arms in Idaho, I then had to turn brass rims down about .0015 so cases would chamber with perfect fit. Not all 76's need this but some do as original brass has thinner rims than modern stuff; making cases from 45-70 works as well but a chore for some chambers and rims. Also had a custom mold made just for this rifles throat and groove size, rifle is very accutate and tons of fun to shoot! Soft lead and 5744 is the ticket for me..

Win86

missionary5155
02-25-2011, 05:58 AM
Howdy 45driver
Mold.. not yet.. but next time up I will suer warm it up awhile.