PDA

View Full Version : I just found this old photo ..............

Buckshot
11-19-2006, 02:50 AM
...........and thought I'd share it with you guys.

http://www.fototime.com/004672EED611D23/standard.jpg

That's me with the rough riders about a week after Col Teddy's charge up San Juan hill. I didn't make that jaunt as I had a hangnail and so reported to sick call. Never head of castor oil for a hangnail, but that's what I got.

We're supposed to be at parade rest, but it's a kind of a loose outfit and so you just stand however. I'm holding up Bubba on account they had a pass into Havana the night before and this morning just standing up without falling over was an accomplishment.

That's Leroy next to him in the white shirt. He told the laundry lotsa starch and no bleach, so you know what happened. After roll call we're supposed to mow the parade ground.

I knew Krag carbines and Spanish Mausers were going to be real valuable one of these days so I had 15 duffle bags full of'em. When they swung'em off the pier onto the lighter it sunk. Bummer, they were all matching too.

................Buckshot

45nut
11-19-2006, 04:14 AM
priceless picture rick. you and dean (powderburnerr) have a certain gift with the telling of something ten different ways without lying to anyone. now add the carpetman into the equation and we have acheived illuminati status for sure.
:)

Gunload Master
11-19-2006, 04:19 AM
That was around the time I joined up with Buckshot and his clan. Of course, most of that day I was out benching tree limbs to help build my abs a bit more. And right before someone re-took this picture with me in it, I was trying to build up my tan a bit before going into battle. Luckily the camera man still had one more photo left he could take so I hurried and got in.

http://gunloads.com/misc/standard2.jpg

Four Fingers of Death
11-19-2006, 04:45 AM
Where's yer hat Buckshot? Yer woulda been peeling spuds for a week! Mick.

imashooter2
11-19-2006, 09:09 AM
I knew you weren't a young man Rick, but I gotta say, you are remarkably well preserved for a 120 year old...

cherok9878
11-19-2006, 09:46 AM
Goes to show ya........Old Whiskey and Young Women are a proven preservative.

wills
11-19-2006, 11:49 AM
But where is your friend, mentor, spiritual advisor and constant companion, Toby?

ron brooks
11-19-2006, 02:18 PM
Toby is probably who took the picture. :)

swheeler
11-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Buckshot; looks like you have lost a few pounds since those days! GLM were you there entertaining the "Rough Riders"?

Topper
11-19-2006, 11:58 PM
LOL, that's a young Arnold you thru inot the pic LOL.

1Shirt
11-20-2006, 12:11 AM
Ya just gotta love gun nuts who have been brain damaged from lead vapors! Truely a breed apart-----and I hope it stays thata way!
1Shirt!:coffee:

Gunload Master
11-20-2006, 12:18 AM
LOL, that's a young Arnold you thru inot the pic LOL.
Actually I go by Gunload Master now :drinks:

Buckshot
11-20-2006, 01:09 AM
Where's yer hat Buckshot? Yer woulda been peeling spuds for a week! Mick.

..........My hat got shot off in the war. Besides, did you look at the hats those other guys are wearing? I told'em I had a hat on order and it didn't look like it'd been laying on the ground with a cavalry charge run over it.

"...........But where is your friend, mentor, spiritual advisor and constant companion, Toby?"

I had Toby rented out to that Lt that got famous galloping all over the battlefield with his Gatling guns. Of course it wasn't his doing at all. He'd shoot and Toby would, uh .........haul ass (as it were). They'd finally catch up and shoot some more and then away they'd go again.

..............Buckshot

carpetman
11-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Toby took the picture. Toby is wearing the hat. Toby would not want anyone mistaking him for Buckshot.

Vegas Vince
11-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Welcome back from the war. Buckshot you all sure have held up well over the years!!!

PatMarlin
11-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Was that before there wer wheel weights?.. :confused:

montana_charlie
11-21-2006, 01:57 PM
That's me in the line on the other side of the tents...tall, and wearing my white hat.
See the tarantula crawling on my neck? I still carry the scar where he bit me.
Made me so whoozy I got to lay around camp all day...and got a purple heart, to boot.
CM