PDA

View Full Version : Proxxon Saw modification

SWANEEDB
02-21-2011, 07:19 PM
Simple and easy to do. Didn't like the stop the saw came with, to tite an area to work with, So, I drilled and tapped end of vice, 10-32 bolt to hold bracket, drilled and tapped bracket to take another 10-32 x 5 bolt, longer than what I needed but was all I had. Set case in vice to cut ejector part off, do a bunch, then turn around and trim to lenght. Works for me, beats using my Lyman case trimmer.
OK ya-all, whata you think.

MIBULLETS
02-21-2011, 09:55 PM
I think I understand, but could you give us some pictures from some other angles?

SWANEEDB
02-21-2011, 10:01 PM
I think I understand, but could you give us some pictures from some other angles?

OH, I suppose!!!!! Be a few minutes tho.

SWANEEDB
02-21-2011, 10:18 PM
Proxxon chop saw modification.

MIBULLETS
02-21-2011, 10:46 PM
Ok, that helps a lot. Is the case supported underneath too? I have the cheap Harbor Freight saw and have been trying to come up with something better too. Even when I tighten the case in the vise the case wants to tip some from the blade pressure.

SWANEEDB
02-21-2011, 10:55 PM
Ok, that helps a lot. Is the case supported underneath too? I have the cheap Harbor Freight saw and have been trying to come up with something better too. Even when I tighten the case in the vise the case wants to tip some from the blade pressure.

Kinda hard to see but the vice blocks do have groves in them, holds nice and sturdy. Hey I'll tell you, this is one of my better investments, we'll have to see how it holds up.

475AR
02-22-2011, 12:26 AM
Looks good, I have one of these saws and it works great, what tooth blades are you using?

a.squibload
02-22-2011, 12:47 AM
Nice work!
Maybe a slot for the long bolt to help center it between the jaws?
I got the HF saw but the blade diameter is too small.

SWANEEDB
02-23-2011, 11:42 PM
Looks good, I have one of these saws and it works great, what tooth blades are you using?

The one it came with, carbide, have done a fair amount of cutting with it and is still quite sharp, will inquire as to what other blades are available.