PDA

View Full Version : 2011 nevada cast bullet shoot may 20-21-22 2011

BruceB
02-21-2011, 07:06 PM
All Right!

Them's the dates for the 2011 Shoot.

My apologies for not announcing the times before now. My personal condition has worried me, in regard to my abilities for pulling this together. With assurances of help from a variety of quarters already given, it should run just fine.

So....May 20-21-22 is the appointed schedule. This is the weekend BEFORE Memorial Day, as I'm hoping to avoid the crush of visitors etc in local hostelries, bars and other important venues.

I have a new Mexican place in mind for the Friday Rools Kommittee get-together. It's owned by a (former) co-worker of mine, and my visits to the place have been very satisfactory. I understand they have a private room available, but I'll be checking that out in the next short while. Sunday dinner at Ormachea's Basque Restaurant as usual, and likewise the Saturday shivaree at our house, are also on the schedule.

Thanks to all who have prompted me and expressed interest in the 2011 event. We will have one heck of a good time AS USUAL. Buckshot said it best, some years ago: "It's like a family re-union, except this is one where where you like everybody!"

Y'all had best start casting and loading. Reservations at local motels might be a good idea, too.

cobbmtmac
02-21-2011, 10:00 PM
BruceB. & Karen,

I can't tell you how much you are appreciated! Our family gang will be there. Can't tell you how many, probably 10-12. I will get you a firm number before to long. I' must get going on the reservation thing.

We want you to know that we will help in everyway we can.

Thanks again, Mac & Marlene

cobbmtmac
02-22-2011, 12:15 PM
Hey Moldy Joe,

Looking forward to seeing you, also hope to see Levi and your Bro, MT Gianni and Matt.

A SPECIAL THANKS for your SERVICE!

NVWalt
02-22-2011, 12:24 PM
I was hoping you were feeling better than last year Bruce as you did appear a little under the weather then. Thank you and your wife for all you do for us cast boolit guys. Jane and I sure plan on being there again this year and this time I will bring my farm of steel for us to clang about. Jane got me a little truck to haul the farm in for this year. Hope to see you all there again and hope to see a bunch of new faces also. Good shooting, Walt

PatMarlin
02-22-2011, 12:46 PM
Come hell or high water- I will be at this one.

Thank you Bruce for providing the meet again... :drinks:

quilbilly
02-22-2011, 05:25 PM
I am so there. Can't wait.
Glad you are feeling better Bruce. Sent a few prayers your way.

Buckshot
02-23-2011, 04:17 AM
.............I ready to go! I mean me personally. Not that I have stuff loaded to shoot yet :roll: No beer can morter again this year, but I CAN bring the golf ball cannon if someone wants to supply a bunch of golf balls :-)

http://www.fototime.com/47CA62A25E6E82D/standard.jpghttp://www.fototime.com/3A14ACA502B1224/standard.jpg

Team rifle shoot 2009. Two teams up, of 4 teams total.

http://www.fototime.com/C634917D0D9D9B0/standard.jpghttp://www.fototime.com/BA665B1D8C1B87C/standard.jpg

Above from a couple years ago.

http://www.fototime.com/BCE5477BED39831/standard.jpg

Pistolteam 3: Stakeshoot. Stakes in the background have 2 horizontal lines as aimpoints. Top stripe is the pistol one. Object was to cut the stake off. MtGianni as Safety Officer. Also a couple years ago.

http://www.fototime.com/EACEBFD31E85E7A/standard.jpg

At Ormachea's. Grand Finale' dinner and awards ceremony. Also from a couple years ago. Look close abd you can see a few of the proud recipients displaying their "Golden Wheelweight" plaques.

...............Buckshot

Dutchman
02-23-2011, 04:39 AM
Who do I have to bribe to get an invite?

Dutch

NVWalt
02-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Buckshot, I will bring my mortar and supply of golfballs. We can lay siege to Winnamucca.
Now to get to reloading as the time seems to just fly by and all of a sudden it is time to pack and get it in gear. Maybe I can get Jane to shoot with the women folk this year....Walt

BruceB
02-23-2011, 10:22 AM
Who do I have to bribe to get an invite?

Dutch

Consider the bribe offered, and accepted!

EVERYONE is invited. You don't even have to bring any guns....based on past experience, there will be PLENTY of goodies around to shoot, and they'll be freely offered.

I'm tickled by the immediate (and positive) response....

PatMarlin
02-23-2011, 11:11 AM
NV Bill a lefty?

I'm trying to decide on what 2 rifles to bring, and at least set time aside and start loading for them. Maybe more but I dunno.

Hey Cousin, is there a complete list somewheres of all the type shoot categories for the weekend? That would help me decide on what to bring.

onceabull
02-23-2011, 12:55 PM
The trip arranger from Cobb speaks for me,barring another of the health related mishaps that seem to be closing in on us here..I'm hoping that the springs/shocks on her chariot will suffice for the return trip with an extra years worth of mould lease proceeds..expecting that our local friends who made the trip last year will be checking in here soon.. Hoping to get off at least one round from your big 50,Bruce... Onceabull

Matt_G
02-23-2011, 06:26 PM
I'm planning on being there. Been looking forward to it since leaving the range last year.
I just hope gas ain't 5 bucks a gallon by then...

7s&8s
02-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Here's to good health this year, the ever-present hospitality, and good company at NCBS! (and to slowing down the clock in order to find sufficient reloading time prior to May)
Can't wait... Tom

obssd1958
02-24-2011, 01:39 AM
SWMBO (Cindy!) and I have already started making plans to be there again this year!! I already have about half of her supply of .38 specials ready - only 1000 or so...
Still have to cast and load for myself, but I'm sure there is plenty of time
:bigsmyl2:

Bruce and Karen, Mac and Marlene, Buckshot, Al, Walt, Matt, Gianni, Joe, Tom, Curmudgeon, etc... We are looking forward to seeing you all in May!!

Pat and Dutch - can't wait to meet 'ya!

Don

redneckdan
02-24-2011, 12:35 PM
I am hoping to make it this year. If i do I will be riding the KLR. Probably would only be able to bring a hand gun and a couple hundred rounds of ammo. 1900 miles one way with the 375 H&H slung over my shoulder would be less than fun. :veryconfu Any decent place to bivouc out there? Do you have trees? Do you know what trees are? :kidding:

I got pretty excited when Jen and I were out at Bonneville a couple weeks back and I saw a road sign that gave a mileage to Winnamucca, NV

PatMarlin
02-24-2011, 12:40 PM
Sure Nevada has lots of trees. They're just real short ..:mrgreen:

Darn I wish I knew NV curmudgeon Bill was a lefty- I knew a guy who had one of Bill's favorite bolt action rifles for sale in left, and for cheap.

PatMarlin
02-24-2011, 12:43 PM
Pat and Dutch - can't wait to meet 'ya!

Don

Ditto Don- and I'll try to be on my best behavior... :bigsmyl2:

How many rounds per firearm do you guys take?

onceabull
02-24-2011, 05:12 PM
There is NO need to gather up temptations for NvCurmudgeon.. I have just what he "Needs" in hand,and,assuming I haven't laid it off on a local @ one of the three GunShows we will do B4 NCBS'11 ,will watch while he and Panama Jack dicker over who gets to buy it...NOT JUST your average Remmie 700 LH,either.. Onceabull--- (may also offer up a pretty 12 G O/U custom order with "cast on" stock for portsider)

MT Gianni
02-24-2011, 07:04 PM
I am hoping to make it this year. If i do I will be riding the KLR. Probably would only be able to bring a hand gun and a couple hundred rounds of ammo. 1900 miles one way with the 375 H&H slung over my shoulder would be less than fun. :veryconfu Any decent place to bivouc out there? Do you have trees? Do you know what trees are? :kidding:

I got pretty excited when Jen and I were out at Bonneville a couple weeks back and I saw a road sign that gave a mileage to Winnamucca, NV

Dan, lots of trees they just look like tall sage brush to some folks. You are welcome to shoot any rifle I bring.

onceabull
02-24-2011, 07:07 PM
More trees at Winnemucca than Bonneville, for sure. Onceabull

quilbilly
02-25-2011, 08:12 PM
To Redneckdan,
Check the Winnemucca website if you are looking for a place to stay. I am making my reservation at Scott Shady Court this year to try it but have been staying at the Scottish Inn for years on rockhounding forays to the Winnemucca area. Both are less expensive but comfortable and within a couple blocks of Ormacheas Restaurant so you can stagger home after the fine meal on Sunday. For the 2-3 days before the shoot I will be camping in the mountains about 40 miles north in an aspen grove next to a stream while I rockhound and maybe reach out to touch a few coyotes. There are some fine trout streams in the area with campsites in the shade of the cottomwoods but I am expecting fishing to be not so good due to heavy spring runoff then.
No hunting license required to hunt coyotes and a few other pests in Nevada.

NVWalt
02-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Quilbilly,
Jane and I have stayed at the Scott Shady Court the last couple years we have been to NCBS and it is an ok place to stay at for the money and will no doubt be there again this year.
That Paradise Valley isn't a bad place to call in coyotes I have called in many of them over the years I have hunted up there. My favorite animal to hunt since I don't run hounds anymore.
Redneckdan, There will be plenty of guns and ammo to shoot. Always seems as if I get to haul a few boxes of loaded rounds back home.
Pat, Chech out some of the past NCBS threads as there is plenty of info on all the differant little shoots that take place . They are mostly decided at the Rools Komittee Meeting and this year at a new eating place will be fun and differant. Also, bring some of those checkmakers you make for us to get ahold of.
Really looking forwards to seeing all of you again this year and hopefully the global warming won't bother us too much. Just looked outside and have a good 6 inches of the stuff and no end in site for the next day or two. It makes it hard to do any sighting in and making noise when you can't really get off the blacktop without a snowmobile.
Good casting to you all, Walt and Jane

Buckshot
03-01-2011, 04:18 AM
.............The only 2 Events that by their nature allows any real 'strategy' is the team events. For the team pistol shoot, your team is trying to be the first to shoot their board in half. Just to be very clear, the objective is to shoot it in half WIDTH WISE and NOT lengthwise (which I think some teams have attempted in the past) :-)

Keep in mind: No speedloaders, no preloaded magazines, no stripper clips.

So for this I offer my observation that the overall best handgun is the swingout cylinder revolver. For maximum damage and effect on the board the SWC or WC do the best. A full WC may slow your reloading however. Now if you have an autoloader with an easy to reload magazine you may prefer that route, as it DOES shuck it's own empties.

Once you can discern the top portion of your board is kind of loosly leaning fore and aft as the boolits impact, try delivering a shot or 2 up high to encourage it's breaking off. That's what stops the clock :-)

Team Rifle is if as usual, shooting clay birds which are suspended on a net the prime requirement is accuracy. Secondly the rifle should be easily reloadable. Most levergun users single load right into the action for each shot rather then trying to fight them into the magazine through the gate. Also you don't need a 416 Rigby, but that doesn't mean you can't shoot one if you want. IIRC one year Mrs BruceB (Karen) shot a 404 Jeffery in the event. Strategy? Shooters on the left start on the left hand targets, and ditto the right hand shooters. Meet in the middle!

If ya wanna shoot BP loads, go ahead. Powderburner did one year in the team pistol event, fielding Colt SSA's. Before too long the team was simply a thick grayish cloud of smoke with legs sticking out the bottom.:Fire:

Last year Mt Gianni was seen walking around with a Lyman 50 cal muzzle loading percussion pistol. When asked if he was going to be campaigning it in the team pistol shoot he said no, but it WAS available as a loaner. :roll:

...............Buckshot

9.3X62AL
03-02-2011, 09:03 PM
Most assuredly HELL YEAH I'm coming. I don't miss Christmas--Thanksgiving--or NCBS. Period.

One of the best parts of NCBS is seeing the Onceabull Chariot heading homeward all loaded down with mould rental payments. Resembles one of the barrio gunship/asphalt etchers from East L.A. !QUIOVO!

One of these years, I'll spend a lot more time shooting than B.S.'ing around with all the good folks who attend. Yeah, right.

PatMarlin
03-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Most assuredly HELL YEAH I'm coming. I don't miss Christmas--Thanksgiving--or NCBS. Period.

One of the best parts of NCBS is seeing the Onceabull Chariot heading homeward all loaded down with mould rental payments. Resembles one of the barrio gunship/asphalt etchers from East L.A. !QUIOVO!

One of these years, I'll spend a lot more time shooting than B.S.'ing around with all the good folks who attend. Yeah, right.

You sure now Allen? I'm just double checkn' ...:mrgreen:

9.3X62AL
03-02-2011, 11:07 PM
You sure now Allen? I'm just double checkn' ...:mrgreen:

I does believe so, as certain-sure as I can be. I even have most of the ammo loaded and ready, already. THAT borders on the miraculous, given the time of year.

AZ-Stew
03-05-2011, 03:28 PM
Sorry, but I don't have plans to attend this year. $$ are too tight. I'd like to come and bring my wife along, but that creates another hardship, since she watches 5 grandkids every weekday. I took 8 days last year, leaving Mesa on Thursday, staying the night in Vegas, and moving on to Winnemucca on Friday. Monday I headed for Salt Lake to visit a friend and his wife, returning via Vegas on Wednesday and Thursday. When I left home, I was dreading the long drive from Vegas to Winnemucca, but it turned out that I enjoyed it and would like to do it again. There are some places along the way I'd like to stop and take photos. There was also a place in one of the little towns along the road where some guy was selling ammo cans. He had HUNDREDS of them. I could probably load up on them and sell them here at guns shows and make a few $$.

I never asked my wife what last year's trip cost, but I suspect it was in the $2,000 neighborhood, counting food, fuel and lodging. I can't manage that this year unless I hit the lottery. Considering fuel prices, that's probably the ONLY way I'll make it. If I do win, I'll be there.

As for camping, if the weather is anything like last year, be sure to bring your long johns and a down-filled mummy bag for warm sleeping.

Regards, and wishing I could be there,

Stew

quilbilly
03-06-2011, 02:11 AM
Hey Stew,
I enjoyed your company last year so hope you can still make it. $2000 seems a little steep. I am budgeting about $700 and should come home with change but, like last year will be doing a little "cowboy camping" out of my truck except Friday-Sunday nights.
The Beatty area has some fine places out on some of those mining roads south of town for a dry "cowboy camp" and is lower elevation thus warmer if we have weather like last year.
I can't imagine having another NCBS in weather like last year. That weather was just plain weird. That warm sleeping bag did come in handy.
If you come north via Austin and Battle Mountain there is a beautiful campsite (an official BLM camground) about 20 miles south of Battle Mountain called Mill Creek. Its in a wash sheltered from winds next to a trout stream complete with trout under huge cottonwoods. great place for a "cowboy camp".

Dutchman
03-09-2011, 06:06 AM
Do any of the motels have wireless internet?

Dutch

AZ-Stew
03-09-2011, 03:12 PM
Do any of the motels have wireless internet?

Dutch

The Super 8 on the west side of town (south side of the main drag) does. They had decent room rates last year, too. If you stay there, don't put your electronic "credit card" room key in the same pocket as your cell phone. The phone will erase the info on your key, leaving you locked out of the room.

Too bad they're moving the Friday Rools Committee meeting. Last year it was just across the parking lot from the Super 8, making it easy to stagger back to your room afterward.

Regards,

Stew

NVWalt
03-22-2011, 10:30 AM
Snow,snow,snow. I thought ha,ha, that I might get some loading and shooting in before May But so far I am just wishing for sunshine enough to melt this global warming stuff away enough to get to my range .AHHHHH. May will be here real soon. ......Walt

cobbmtmac
03-22-2011, 10:50 AM
Hey Walt, :Fire: ---We are also experiencing the Global Warming----

We are in about in the same shape here, but we are in the costal mountains of CA! We have had a accumulted total of about 40 inches this winter. The most on the ground at one time was 20". I would say on any kind of normal winter our average snow fall is about 2 inches. Gound is almost bare this am, but we have more coming this afternoon and through Thu. Anyway, I am partcially ready.

Hello to Jane. Marlene wants her to shoot with her and will be bringing more Gun Cookies to entice her!

We are looking forward to seeing you, Jane and all the gang!

PatMarlin
03-22-2011, 11:14 AM
We've been hammered with snow up here. I just hope to be able to get out one of my rifles I've never fired yet and work up a load for Nevada.

onceabull
03-22-2011, 01:05 PM
Odds are for a least 102 F. one day May 20-21-11..But it's a dry heat...Best plan on taking your own shade to the range...Onceabull

PatMarlin
03-22-2011, 01:09 PM
I hate the heat. I've got one of those 12x12 EZ-up awnings.

BruceB
03-22-2011, 01:29 PM
test test

BruceB
03-22-2011, 01:36 PM
I didn't even consider the "staggering distance" from restaurant to residence! Oh well, I guess the streets will be littered with those who can't make it home to bed...

The Friday night festivities (Rools Kommittee) will be held at "Chihuahua's", a new place literally in the shadow of the I-80 overpass. It has a pleasant private room off the main public areas, and we have a reservation for that rom. I've had several very pleasant meals in the place, so I trust everyone will enoy it.

Swede Nelson of Night Owl Enterprises(often just "NOE" here on our Board) has again offered two gift certificates as prizes for NCBS. I believe that last year they were presented for the smallest rifle groups fired with iron sights and scope, but I might be in error on that. Rools Kommittee will decide. These certificates allow each winner a mould of his choice from NOE.

Let me emphasize this point: WITHOUT BEING ASKED, Swede sent me his gracious Private Message , offering to do this for us. Not only does NOE work with the shooters here to deliver moulds that acually are correctly-dimensioned and VERY high quality, but they also support our shooting activities with actions such as this donation (AND last year's).

I gently suggest that, if anyone needs a new mould, NOE should be VERY high on the list of potential suppliers.

Thank you, Mr. Nelson.

onceabull
03-22-2011, 05:14 PM
With the "goodies"being put up by NOE,and NvWalt bringing some metal silhouettes,let me first to propose a(and the first) NCBS lever action silhouette Match..some fine points for the Rools committee to consider-- Offhand,or any position sans bench, ??-- 200 yds/iron sights ; 300 Yds any sights ?? ...targets:chicken,pig,turkey,ram,Whatever Walt has ?????? offers some Material for the everlasting debate twixt the Win 88 buffs, the Sav.99 fanatics,& the Sako Finwolfers... Onceabull

Matt_G
03-22-2011, 05:52 PM
I believe that last year they were presented for the smallest rifle groups fired with iron sights and scope, but I might be in error on that.
Yep, that's right.

With the "goodies"being put up by NOE,and NvWalt bringing some metal silhouettes,let me first to propose a(and the first) NCBS lever action silhouette Match..some fine points for the Rools committee to consider
I think that is a great idea, FWIW.

PatMarlin
03-22-2011, 07:00 PM
While Al is a great guy, and I just remembered I have to send a set of dies to him, I can't very well let him do all the lifting and upstage me can I?

I mean it's gonna make me look bad and I've got a reputation to prop up!!! ...:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Patmarlins is contributing to this years NCBS...

Two (2) sets of Checkmaker™ dies in choice of caliber

Two (2) Standard size version ROCKDock™ systems with three (3) custom drilled standard base plates of your choosing.

....:Fire:

MT Gianni
03-22-2011, 11:58 PM
Great going Pat.

NVWalt
03-23-2011, 10:08 AM
Pat, thank you for the donations, but, bring some extra ones with you if you can please....Walt

quilbilly
03-23-2011, 12:37 PM
dittos to Walt. Budget is tight for this trip but I might find a little extra after I make my annual booze run from Ben's in downtown Winne. 40% cheaper than Washington State

nouseforaname1246
03-30-2011, 04:09 AM
i couldn't make it last year, but I'm definitely coming this year. just need to find time to load up an obscene amount of ammo :)

358wcf
03-30-2011, 12:23 PM
I've never been to one of these before- But- this year I'm coming for sure- I'll make sure to bring a shootin' pardner as well- looks like a whole lot of fun to be shared by all--

[smilie=w:[smilie=w:

Chuck 358wcf [smilie=1:[smilie=1:[smilie=1:

Love Life
03-30-2011, 03:06 PM
I am hoping I can make it to this years. This will be my first one to.

nouseforaname1246
03-31-2011, 08:30 PM
i love the idea of a lever action silhouette Match! always wanted to do one.

cobbmtmac
04-01-2011, 10:46 AM
Chuck......358wcf,

A harty welcome, glad to have more northern CA. It is like you said "a whole lot of fun shared by all". I'm curious about your location.....I will PM you.

Again welcome,

koyote
04-02-2011, 12:34 AM
So, what does it take to get into this shindig? I haven't managed to cast anything yet, I just started reloading. I can bring knives, of course. might be nice to bring the mausers all out.

Winnemuca is a haul, but I think I can figure it out from harmon junction....... :D

quilbilly
04-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Just bring yourself, a smile, and a few hundred rounds of ammo. I'm looking forward to seeing your knives. I may bring along some African hardwoods for knife handle blanks to donate to you just to get them out of the storage area (need the space)

koyote
04-02-2011, 07:22 PM
mmmm, no speedloaders, does that include speed strips? Just happens to be how I carry most of my ammo for revolvers.

I best get my leatherbench cleared of sheaths and work on some cartridge loops.

Read the posts on hotels. I figure it's a bit much to commute, 2 or 2.25 hours each way.

Main question- what time Friday?

BruceB
04-02-2011, 08:01 PM
The restriction on extra mags/speed-loaders etc is ONLY for the team rifle and team handgun events. I think that "speed strips" might be classified as speed-loaders, but the Rools Kommittee can decide that question.

These are team-against team shoots on breakable targets, and the only "prize" is the bragging rights. Teams are created by drawing names from a hat. The team that breaks its targets the quickest is the winner.

The one-magazine/no-speed-loader restriction means a more-level playing field between those shooting auto-loaders vs bolt actions in the rifle shoot, and those shooting auto-loaders vs revolvers in the handgun match. Now that I think about it, I believe autoloading rifles are BANNED from the team rifle shoot.

Remember that this whole weekend is purely a FUN event. The so-called "competitions" are very low-key and nothing at all like a regular "target match".

Details on scheduling will be posted as the date draws closer, but the Friday evening meeting/dinner will start at 6pm at Chihuahua's restaurant.

The Guiding Principles for this Shoot have been enshrined for many years now:

1. BE SAFE

2. HAVE FUN

3. NO WHINING

koyote
04-02-2011, 08:21 PM
Oh, I shoot a lot but I don't compete locally at all! I was just wondering because I have a bad habit of fumbling loose rounds in the tight confines of a bulldog. ;)

Love Life
04-03-2011, 11:21 PM
If I can come I have the secret weapon for shooting boards in half. 8 shot revolver shooting 38 Special popcorn loads loaded with wadcutters. My wife says I can go, but I'm trying to get her to come along. Anybody elso who might be going solo want to go in half on a hotel?

PatMarlin
04-04-2011, 11:31 AM
Question-

My nephew Alex is coming with me. He bought his first rifle on his own, earlier this year which is an AR-15 of course- you know young kids.

He's the only gun owner in his family and has severely bucked the trend- creating some shock and disappointment from his father (retired Microsoft Exe)... :roll: (I'm seriously rolling my eyes here)

He eventually prevailed and is now allowed to keep his rifle in his bedroom closet.

I guess he considers his uncle Pat his hero, and when my wife asked if he would like to go to NCBS, I think he jumped up and down and did a few back flips as he said yes.

So my question is, is there any opportunity where he can shoot his black rifle there? I don't have any experience loading for the AR outside of copper. Don't know that we will have the time to work with it, as he's down south about 4 hours away.

http://www.patmarlins.com/patnalex.jpg

He's a wee bit taller now, then when this photo was taken.

...:mrgreen:

9.3X62AL
04-04-2011, 05:49 PM
Far be it from me to usurp the august offices of our exalted Rools Kommittee, but I think the "exclusion" of autoloading rifles and redcoat bullets only applied to the team events or the group and score matches, as Bruce mentioned. The range site itself is safe and authorized for 5.56 and other centerfire full-tilt jacketed loadings. There's a 400 yard dinger plate that should keep him fully entertained with that EBR. And rest assured, there will be plenty of rifles and handguns available for him to test-drive to his heart's content. He would be welcome to grab anything needed from my stash to compete with.

BruceB
04-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Heavens, YES to what Al just posted.

First and foremost, we are SHOOTERS, and that's the name of the game.

The range is perfectly safe for just about anything, even my .50BMG, and your young man will be very welcome.....along with his black rifle. I'd bet that there will be other rifles of the same description on-site (I'll bring some of mine, too!)

As a general thing, we at the NCBS even welcome members of the general public to share our firing line, as long as they also agree to obey the range rules and commands. We do NOT want to reduce anyone's ability to shoot their firearms if we can help.

The "competitions" (for lack of a better word) are indeed limited to cast bullets, but as Al says, there will be PLENTY of rifles and handguns for Alex to use as he wishes.

I regret to say (HAH) that he may not be the youngest attendee....another member has inquired about bringing his 20-MONTH-old daughter. I told him that there will be many grandmas and grandpas in attendance who will be very happy to meet such a cute new shooter. The more, the merrier!

cobbmtmac
04-04-2011, 06:43 PM
Pat, :guntootsmiley:

Like the foregoing, we will probably have something that will interest the Young MAN.

Alex is welcome to what we have!

Looking forword to meeting you ,your nephew [smilie=2: and all the rest of the wonderful folks. :Fire:

PatMarlin
04-04-2011, 07:44 PM
Good, good, he will be very happy about that!

He's 19 years old now (just turned), and like I say he's a wee bit taller, and I'm a wee bit grayer ..:mrgreen:

PatMarlin
04-04-2011, 08:12 PM
I tell ya, Alex has powder residue in his veins.. :mrgreen:

His great, great, (maybe another great) grandfather was Sheriff Bill Tilghman.

The movie Sam Elliot produced and played the part in "You No My Name", about the life of Sheriff Tilghman. Tilghman is also Alex's middle name.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0163913/

His great grandfather on his other side of the family, who I had the honor to know was a WW2 war hero in my eyes. Fought The "desert rat" Rommel in Africa, then later his small company actually cut down Mussolini hanging (upsidedown) dead, in Italy.

onceabull
04-04-2011, 08:41 PM
The young fellow shouldn't miss the chance to try a round or three from a certain Big 50...I missed out last year,but hope to make up for that next month.. If I hadn't given in to greed, he could have warmed up with a few shots from the 416 Weatherby I brought in '09..That is also the year that some gent won the long range rifle match with an AUTOLOADING rifle....!!! Onceabull

koyote
04-04-2011, 09:10 PM
I probably won't manage to get enough molds, pot, lead and everything together to cast for all my stuff, but I'm going to try and see if I can get some CBs for the 1890 mauser. That should be a fun warmup for the larger rifles.

Buckshot
04-08-2011, 03:23 AM
I probably won't manage to get enough molds, pot, lead and everything together to cast for all my stuff, but I'm going to try and see if I can get some CBs for the 1890 mauser. That should be a fun warmup for the larger rifles.

..............There is generally a surplus of shootin' arns and ammo for same, for everyone to be a part of the 2 "Team" events (Fast and Furious Shooting) or to try your hand at the various score and group paper target stuff.

I really DO hope all of you'uns who haven't made it to a NCBS yet, to bend every effort to make it. Those with wives (or husbands) that aren't gun loonies are reminded that there are a few casinos in town? They may find profitable employment making money at the tables or slot machines, while you are busy turning money into noise.

................Buckshot

ammohead
04-11-2011, 07:36 PM

koyote,

I also live in Fallon. Looking forward to meeting you at NCBS. Perhaps we have passed each other at the Stillwater range?

ammohead

koyote
04-11-2011, 07:42 PM
koyote,

I also live in Fallon. Looking forward to meeting you at NCBS. Perhaps we have passed each other at the Stillwater range?

ammohead

It's possible, I get there a lot. I live on revervoir, so it's only 4 miles to the range :Fire:

White ford windstar, I'm usually wearing a gulf war ballcap or my red stillwater hat.

Dutchman
04-30-2011, 05:45 AM
I have reservations for friday, saturday, sunday at
Days Inn 511 W. Winnemucca Blvd. $56/night with NRA
discount. 1 Queen Bed Room With Wi-Fi, Refrigerator,
Microwave, Coffee Maker And Hairdryer...

bringing:

* 1915 Carl Gustaf m/38 with Tasco 6-18x42 scope
* 1905 Carl Gustaf m/96 with LER scope
* Persian 98/29 8x57 with LER scope
* Smith & Wesson Brazilian Navy
Modelo 1937 .45 AutoRim/ACP.

I'll also bring the Meepos Speedlube for show-n-tell.
http://dutchman.rebooty.com/meepos_speedlube.html

Need directions/address for the various assemblage points
and a contact phone number.

Dutch

cobbmtmac
04-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Dutchman,

If you happen to be in Winnemucca by noon on friday or there abouts. Those of us that are in town meet at "The Grill". It is a little coffee shop several blocks east of where you will be staying, it is on the left side of Winnemucca Blvd. If your not in town until a little latter, BruceB. has made arrangements for the Friday evening Rools Komittee meeting at "Chihuahua's" Restaurant, he says it's in the shadows of the I-80 overpass. You would continue east past The Grill a few more blocks and turn left like you are heading to Boise, just don't go under the I-80 overpass.

We will arrive in town Thu evening. My Cell # is 707-738-3368. You should also be able to reach us at the Winnemucca Inn, 800-633-6435.

Looking forward to meeting you. You/we all will have a great time!

Mac McCullough

BruceB
04-30-2011, 08:05 PM
Mac, thanks for stepping in with the info. I've been tied up here and didn't see Dutch's post.

The Friday informal lunch is actually at "The Griddle" on Winnemucca Boulevard; otherwise you nailed it. Time for this lunch is 1 pm, repeat 1 pm...hopefully this timing will avoid the peak of the lunchtime crowd.

It'll be fun to have more new folks attending. As Buckshot likes to say, "It's like going to a family re-union where you actually LIKE everybody!"

Dutchman
05-01-2011, 01:50 AM
Mapquest says 6 1/2 hours. If I get out of here early enough I can make the 1pm lunch. I'll make every effort to do that.

I've been in downtown Winnemucca once while coming back from a Kansas trip 2 yrs ago.

Mac- thanks for the phone #. I'll call when I arrive or I'll just come to ~The Griddle~ by 1pm.

Dutch

quilbilly
05-02-2011, 01:07 AM
The Griddle at one on friday afternoon. I guess I will break camp a little early up in Paradise Valley and head down a little early. Sounds like fun. It will be good to see you all again.

Matt_G
05-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I'm planning on being there for lunch on Friday as well.
Looking forward to seeing all of you again!

redneckdan
05-05-2011, 08:21 PM
Probably going to be sitting this one out.:( Got hurt at work yesterday.

BruceB
05-08-2011, 02:37 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen;

We are now just two weeks away from the Big Weekend of the TWELFTH Annual Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot.

My wife Karen has asked me to determine how many people she should expect for the Saturday-night dinner. Since this will include everyone in attendance, having such a list will also aid me in making reservations and in other planning.

So, if you don't mind, kindly chime in here (on this thread) if you expect to be present for the Shoot. Just a quick "yes", along with the number of folks in your party, will be much appreciated.

Of course, there are some whom I KNOW will be here, but I hope everyone will chime in anyway, just so all of us can see how the event is developing.

Thanks in advance.

BruceB
05-08-2011, 02:46 PM
MattG suggested, some time ago, that a bowling-pin shoot would be fun.

We did some informal pin-shooting a few years ago, but those pins became thoroughly "worn out", you might say.

I've been unable to find any more used pins, but if anyone could track some down in the short time remaining, I'm sure we could arrange a 'warm' welcome for them.

Matt_G
05-08-2011, 06:34 PM
I'll be there solo.

onceabull
05-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Bruce: Joy & I will see you at the Griddle(arriving Thursday early evening,so call Us or Mac.if there are chores needing doing.)and ,YES, to Saturday night,too.... Mr/Mrs Onceabull

obssd1958
05-08-2011, 10:09 PM
Bruce,
My wife and I will be there - God willing - sometime Friday, before the Rools Committee meeting. We will be there for all of the festivities! [smilie=p:
Work commitments will keep my friend Gary and his wife from attending this year.

See 'ya all soon!!

Don

MT Gianni
05-09-2011, 12:17 AM
I will be there and Matt will also. Brother Moldy Joe and his son Levi will come also.

quilbilly
05-09-2011, 12:37 AM
I will be there as well. I should get into Winnemucca around noon on Friday from camping somewhere up in Paradise Valley. I see Martin Creek is flooded so I may be looking for a new camp. Always part of the fun. I will be solo again.

redneckdan
05-09-2011, 10:34 AM
MattG suggested, some time ago, that a bowling-pin shoot would be fun.

We did some informal pin-shooting a few years ago, but those pins became thoroughly "worn out", you might say.

I've been unable to find any more used pins, but if anyone could track some down in the short time remaining, I'm sure we could arrange a 'warm' welcome for them.

I have a metric *%^$-ton of bowling pins sitting under my reloading bench. Don't know of any way to get them there cost effectively though....

cobbmtmac
05-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Bruce,

Mac, Marlene & Marjorie, our son Darren and his wife Martha and son Chris will all be there. So that's 6 of us. The cousins, who I don't believe check in on "cast boolits", but have been encouraged to do so, say they will be there. I believe there will be 5 or 6 of them. I will send an e-mail to one of them encouraging them to post.

As onceabull said, we are also there to help in anyway we can. Looking forward to seeing you, Karen and all the wonderful folks in about 10 days.

PatMarlin
05-09-2011, 11:23 AM
We will be there two (2) of us in the marlin party.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be bringing any firearms and will spot or help out where ever you need it Bruce. I can cook too... :mrgreen:

Machine repair issues have kept me behind and have sucked up any of my free time to work up loads for what I wanted to take, and do some extra reloading and casting.

I shouldn't even leave, but I've got to take a break and get out of here and I promised the kid as well. I'll be bringing a 12'x12' EZE-up awning.

NVWalt
05-09-2011, 06:27 PM
You can count Jane and I if nothing short of total disaster strikes.
Two weeks away and I got hit with more global warming yesterday and today. Can't win sometimes..

nouseforaname1246
05-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Me and my ladyfriend will both be there. Does anyone know if there is a water spigot at the range?

MT Gianni
05-09-2011, 08:02 PM
We will be there two (2) of us in the marlin party.

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be bringing any firearms and will spot or help out where ever you need it Bruce. I can cook too... :mrgreen:

Machine repair issues have kept me behind and have sucked up any of my free time to work up loads for what I wanted to take, and do some extra reloading and casting.

I shouldn't even leave, but I've got to take a break and get out of here and I promised the kid as well. I'll be bringing a 12'x12' EZE-up awning.

There will be plenty of loaner guns for you and the Nephew, Pat.

BruceB
05-09-2011, 08:25 PM
[QUOTE Does anyone know if there is a water spigot at the range?[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately there is no water at the range. It's well away from any sort of city-type sevices. I reckon jerry cans will be your best bet. There IS a decent toilet facility of the same type used at rest stops on Nevada highways.

We are looking forward to meeting you folks, and all the other first-timers who may be coming.

...and, YES Pat, here will be plenty of goodies for you fellers to shoot.

Panama Jack
05-10-2011, 12:02 AM
Panama Jack and Anita are looking forward to this big event again this year. Even though these tropical tulips froze last year, we had a nice time seeing everyone. We got back to Arizona in April, dusted off, cleaned & polished our rifles, got new scopes and have been at the local range practicing several times. Hopefully we won't get 'snowed-out' this year. Jack also invited his daughter Kelly and his grandson Keaton...so we should have a great time! See you soon.

Ventnburn
05-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Of course I will make the Friday Rools Kommittee get-together and Saturday. Might have to miss Sunday though, which is a shame, I got an M1 Garand last year that has turned into my best cast boolit launcher, was looking forward to the 400 yard shoot.

PatMarlin
05-12-2011, 09:40 AM
I had a few requests to bring CFF casting flux to the shoot, so I thought I would let others know if they would like a box, it will be $10.

That way we can beat out the poor post office on all their shipping money profits, which is over double my selling price. Let me know if you would like a box and I'll bring some extras.

9.3X62AL
05-12-2011, 03:50 PM
2 boxes for me, Pat. THANK YOU!

cobbmtmac
05-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Pat,
1 box for me, thanks.

ammohead
05-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Pat,

I would like a box also please.

ammohead

MoldyJoe
05-13-2011, 06:03 PM
I will be there and Matt will also. Brother Moldy Joe and his son Levi will come also.

Actually Levi can't make it and I have to leave Sunday AM. So that might affect the numbers. Sorry we can't take the trophy's this year, someone else will have to step up. Thanks, Joe

9.3X62AL
05-14-2011, 05:22 AM
I was a mite concerned that some medical nonsense might blow me out of NCBS, but that got quashed today. I did have to cancel a road trip with a buddy into AZ the first half of the week, though--wasn't real thrilled about that. Stinkin' doctors. Gotta do some last-minute loading of recently-emptied brass in a couple calibers, and will be good to go. A little range work on Monday or Tuesday, then pack the kit and GIT.

NVcurmudgeon
05-14-2011, 08:45 PM
Chiming in as Bruce suggested, for stepson Jaremy who never practices and shoots like Corporal York, and for myself who gets in 4,000 or more practice rounds a year in vain. (York won his MOH as a Corporal.)

Yes, Pat I am left handed.

Onceabull, I was bringing two pistol caliber leverguns only, but your proposed lever match means I'll have to load some .35 Rem. for the 336A as well! Irons and 200 yd. sounds good to me.

DanWalker
05-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Sad to say I'll be missing another one this year. Darn these oil wells. I sure wish Barack Obama would open up his sack of magic beans or pixie dust, or whatever it is, and solve the energy crisis. This work **** is seriously cutting in to my fun time!

BruceB
05-16-2011, 11:16 PM
OKAY, it's almost time.

Here's brief recap of what to expect, where and when.

1 PM Friday: lunch at The Griddle, followed by a very few minor chores, the biggest being the picking-up of chairs and tables at Brown's Hardware. This lunch affair has "just growed" over the years, and really it's simply an early chance to meet with a few new and old friends who happen to be in town a bit before the shooting starts. If you miss the Griddle lunch, you won't miss a whole lot. The Griddle is right on the "main drag" (Winnemucca Blvd) and it's hard to miss.

6 PM Friday: "Rools Kommittee" meets at Chihuahua's Cantina for dinner. This is where we discuss the courses of fire and set "Rools" for the weekend. It's very informal, and more BS than anything. A fine old time will be had, meeting new and old friends and generally touching base.

The Cantina is found by following the signs to Highway 95 north, and then looking to the right JUST BEFORE going under the I-80 overpass. It's right there, literally in the shadow of the overpass.

Once inside, you will see the Cast Boolits flag over the doorway to the side room where we'll meet.

Saturday: I'd like to start setting-up at the range at 8 AM or so, in hopes of starting the Shoot at 9 AM. Assistance will be welcomed. Team Pistol is usually the last event on Saturday, and the Shoot wraps-up with Team Rifle on Sunday.

Soft drinks will be available at the range.

In years past, Urny and wife LINDA have provided lunches for everyone on both days, a much-appreciated contribution. In their absence, we will have to make our own personal arrangements. About 15 minutes' drive will reach all the take-out joints you could ask for. You may just want to save your appetites, because....

Saturday night is dinner at our home! I can honestly say that NOBODY leaves this dinner hungry. To find us, it's probably best to find someone who knows the way, and arrange to follow them.

Sunday is another full day of shooting, ending with Team Rifle as mentioned.

Sunday evening: We now have a tradition of ten years' standing....the closing dinner has always been held at Ormachea's Dinner House, also on the Hwy 95 North access....just a couple blocks from Chihuahua's but closer to Winnemucca Boulevard. The reservation is for 7PM, allowing time for showers (or beer) before getting all primped-up for the festivities.

For first-timers: Remember that this IS NOT like a major shooting competition. The name of the game is FUN, and informality rules. It's much more a social event than a competition. For instance, Team Rifle and Pistol are fired by teams whose names are drawn from a hat....pretty hard to "load" a team with experts when we do that!

The Three Basic Rules will give y'all an idea:

-BE SAFE

-HAVE FUN

-NO WHINING

So, that's about it. We'll see everyone at C's Cantina on Friday evening, and let the good times roll...

PS: the range is off Hwy 95, just a very few miles north of Winnemucca. Turn off at the County Landfill sign, and go up the mountain past the landfill. The range is clearly marked and we will set up on the 100-yard facility.Again, watch for the flag.

oso
05-17-2011, 01:44 PM
The good news is that my wife Amy threw me out of the house with a full gas cans and ammo cans.
Amy is coming, too, since she knows I'm lost without her. She even helped with the boolits and reloading.

NVWalt
05-18-2011, 09:26 AM
Just had to post this. Got up this morning and everything is white outside again. Just can't win with this global warming stuff. I wonder if my guns will even go bang as I haven't had a chance to get out and play with them.
Dang, forgot that there is no Whining.

9.3X62AL
05-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Onceabull, I was bringing two pistol caliber leverguns only, but your proposed lever match means I'll have to load some .35 Rem. for the 336A as well! Irons and 200 yd. sounds good to me.

I don't think the Ruger #1 will pass muster as a "lever gun", unless widespread bribery of a depth and breadth beyond my means is resorted to. Alas, a 4th long gun will have to make the trip it seems. Rick will find room for it, I'm sure.

nouseforaname1246
05-18-2011, 07:22 PM
well last minute change, just gonna be me coming, my significant other wont be attending.

Dutchman
05-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Major bummer....

Got tagged for criminal grand jury duty. Can't go:(.

I'm not a happy camper.

Dutch

cobbmtmac
05-18-2011, 08:50 PM
Hey Dutchman,

Really sorry to hear you wont be there. Was looking forward to meeting you. If I ever get up your way, I'll get in touch ahead of time. Hope you'll do the same if you ever get down this way.

Sincerely,

NVcurmudgeon
05-19-2011, 12:47 AM
Major bummer....

Got tagged for criminal grand jury duty. Can't go:(.

I'm not a happy camper.

Dutch

Duthman, just tell them that Dick had it right, first we must kill all the lawyers! Seriously I much regret your absence. I was looking forward to admiring your Mausers and seeing if your avatar is a good likeness.

Chrystal Clear
05-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Hello....we are mac's cousins checking in!!!! Sorry but we've made a committment to keep in touch more...Any way there are 4 of us here, Myself(Chrystal), my sister Geri (angelfrog), who, by the way, won the women's 50 yd last year AND my daughter Taylor who is new to the group (She's only 15).

Can't wait to see all!

Chrystal Clear:cry:[smilie=w:[smilie=w:

nouseforaname1246
05-20-2011, 07:11 PM
Just rolled into winnemucca :)

BruceB
05-21-2011, 12:25 AM
The weekend is well underway.

NVCurmudgeon and I spent the morning hours rounding-up some last-minute needs downtown, and then built the "stakes" for the Team Pistol event. This is a timed event, with the quickest time to cut the stake winning the match. I envision two relays, with two teams per relay.

We then loaded my ol' Ford F150 with all the steel targets and associated rebar and posts....probably a good half-ton of iron!

This was completed just in time to head for The Griddle, where about twenty folks assembled around 1pm. The usual greetings from old friends, and the meeting of new ones, were the highlight of the luncheon.

A sizable posse headed off to Brown's Tru-value Hardware to load sixteen 8-foot tables and two dozen chairs. These are donated by Brown's for the weekend, just as they've done for the last eleven years. MUCH appreciated, too!

Some of us took a refreshment break at The Martin Hotel....nice to get off our feet for a while.

At 6pm close to forty people convened for dinner at Chihuahua's Cantina. From all accounts, the food was fine and the company (as usual) was great. The room was a perfect size for the gang, with only four or five vacant seats...if that many. There was surely no shortage of animated conversation!

Now the shooting begins. At 0800 we start range set-up, and hopefully fire the opening shot at 0900. I have a round or two of CAST-bullet .50 BMG...all I need is a brave volunteer.

Night Owl Enterprises and Pat Marlin have been VERY generous in supplying merchandise for prizes. NOE gift certificates will go to the shooters with smallest groups in Iron-Sight Rifle and in Scope-sight Rifle. The certificates are for an NOE mould of the shooter's choice, and are a very fine prize indeed.

Pat Marlin did make it here for the Shoot. He brought along FOUR gift certificates for Rock Dock equipment and gas-check tooling. I don't have the events right handy for which these awards will be presented, but they were determined by the Rools Kommittee (everyone in attendance). More detail later.

This house is filled with delicious aromas as Karen and Kim continue preparations for the dinner tomorrow evening. Suffice it to say that there will be MANY sublime dishes, followed by some of the best desserts in Creation. It's gonna be a jammed house, but a great time for everyone. My gals have been cooking and preparing for FOUR DAYS, now.

I'll likely put a variety of folks on this thread from this computer tomorrow night, so you can see their reactions to all the goings on. I believe the comments will have a positive tone.

PatMarlin
05-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Bruce- or anyone logging online-

I forgot to ask what time is the shoot today?

Also- where's Al and buckshot meeting for breakfast? Dinner was awesome last night! Good enchiladas... :Fire:

BruceB
05-21-2011, 10:08 AM
I forgot to ask what time is the shoot today?

Also- where's Al and buckshot meeting for breakfast? Dinner was awesome last night! Good enchiladas... :Fire:[/QUOTE]

Set-up time is 0800. Shoot should start around 0900.

No idea about breakfast. See y'all!

B

nouseforaname1246
05-22-2011, 07:07 PM
Sorry, but I had to take off early. Cant make it to the dinner tonight. I had a blast though, already looking forward to next year.

BruceB
05-23-2011, 04:54 PM
Yep, this one's in the books now. Most of the participants are back home or getting close.

The 2011 Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot was the largest one so far, at least in terms of attendance. It was also VERY successful, in the opinions of everyone I asked.

There were thirty shooters on hand for the Saturday/Sunday events, plus a goodly number of family members and on-lookers. The photos which will be posted show the size of the crowd.

We will be thinking about maybe moving the date for the NCBS back a week or two (into June) after two consecutive years with rather shaky weather conditions. Both this year and 2010 had hail and rain as well as windy conditions. The conditions yesterday were bad enough that we canceled the Team Rifle natch and broke down the set-up. After a fairly-short but intensive rainfall, the range turned into a mud quagmire with the gluey, gelatinous stuff building up on boots and wheels to where we could hardly move.

Yes, maybe a move into June would be a good thing.

There were some notable performances. The winning group for 100-yard Rifle (scope sight) was 0.715" for five rounds, and the winning iron-sight rifle group (50 yards) was 0.669". Very impressive.

Those two groups won the Night Owl Enterprises Gift Certificates. These were provided by the Company without even a request from us: Al Nelson contacted ME and said they wanted to make this donation again (they also provided similar awards last year).

When the envelope arrived from NOE a few weeks back, I left it unopened just to keep the goodies safely together. I only opened it after the Shoot was over yesterday, and we were preparing for the closing dinner. SURPRISE!!!! Also included was a check for $250, and a note saying "Buy the guys a round on me"! So, a decent portion of what we drank last night was paid-for by Al Nelson and NOE. All hands are very grateful to Al and NOE for their sponsorship.

Pat Marlin was in attendance, and he brought no less than FOUR Gift Certificates for presentation to winning shooters. I "disremember" exactly what events received Pat's awards, but NVCurmudgeon (Bill Lose) should be chiming-in with complete results sometime soon.

As in years past, NVC has taken it upon himself to buy the materials and assemble the handsome plaques and their engraved plates. A "Golden Wheelweight" on each trophy denotes the cast-bullet theme of our Shoot. He does this from his own pocket and time, and the awards are both beautiful and much-appreciated.

About twenty folks showed-up for an informal lunch at The Griddle on Friday, and took care of some minor jobs afterward.

The Rools Kommittee dinner Friday night was well-attended, and LOUD as we caught-up with old friends and made new ones. Good grub, too. Discussions about the proceedings for the Shoot were wide-ranging and useful.

After a busy day's shooting on Saturday, everyone descended on the B household for an evening of wining-and-dining. My Karen and Kim created a SPREAD which had to be seen to be believed. I estimate about eight main dishes, plus numerous appetizers and maybe five different desserts....there was plenty left-over after the horde was done, so I reckon we had "enough".

Sunday at the range was very enjoyable, in spite of a few interludes of unsettled weather. Following the somewhat-early conclusion to the shooting, we all departed to prepare for the now-traditional closing dinner at Ormachea's Dinner House. This is a top-notch Basque-style restaurant where the food is always excellent. This year we had enough people to warrant the use of their private room downstairs, which kept us from inflicting our disturbances on other diners and also gave much more freedom of movement to visit with others. The room also has a bar, which came in handy (thanks again, NOE!).

So, with much hugging and handshaking, all of us prepared to go our separate ways. All will carry a sense of warm camaraderie with them, and we hope that 2012 will see yet another re-union with old pals, and the arrival of many new members for the NCBS clan. I was particularly pleased to see the younger contingent in this year's group, and the ladies were very well-represented as well. Truly, a "family occasion" and it brings an atmosphere that is cordial, polite, and FUN.

I refer once more to the Three Basic Rules:

1. BE SAFE The firing line gave me no safety problems of any note whatever

2. HAVE FUN the whole place was wall-to-wall smiles and laughs for the entire weekend

4. NO WHINING Even when a few glitches occurred in the proceedings, everyone involved took the most-honorable and easiest-going attitudes imaginable to solve the issues....in other words, NO WHINING.

Thanks to everyone for being here, and for the manner in which you took part in the Shoot. It was probably the very best NCBS so far. Can we do better next year?? We'll sure give it a good try!

ammohead
05-23-2011, 11:16 PM
I took my leave Sunday about 2:00 pm and it sounds like I made a good decision as I have had enough experience with Winnemucca gumbo. My thanks to the Bannister's for their exceptional hospitality. The entire weekend and the shoot was as always a class act. The improvements to the range as the years go by is a testament to Winnemucca's commitment to the shooting sport. And the dinner at the B's was superb. As I announced at the Rools commitee meeting "When you come to dinner at Karen's kitchen be sure to leave room for dessert! This year was no exception.

Thanks to all of the out of stater's for making the trek and participating. And a big thanks to Pat Marlin and Al of NOE for donating the valuable prizes. I am looking forward to NVC's post to see who won.

Till next year.

ammohead

9.3X62AL
05-23-2011, 11:26 PM
Rolled in about an hour ago--Buckshot should be home about 10:00 p.m.

Another BIG thank you to Pat Marlin and Al from NOE for the fine donations!

MT Gianni
05-23-2011, 11:52 PM
We had a great time with old and new friends. Thanks again to Bruce and Karen for all of your work, Walt for the use of his steel and Curmudgeon for the plaques. Al of NOE, Pat Marlin thanks for your sponsorship. Gianni.

PatMarlin
05-24-2011, 01:31 AM
Finally got back. You would not believe what happened today, but I'm just glad to be home.

Lordy- you autta see my emails. That patmarlin is a bad, bad bad man... :mrgreen:

I had such a great time, I want to write about it, but got to get some rest now. Thanks everyone.

Matt_G
05-24-2011, 08:46 AM
I rolled into the driveway about 2 pm Mountain time yesterday. Sorry I missed the Sunday night dinner, but getting all the way to Salt Lake City on Sunday sure made Monday an easier drive.

Thanks to Al and Pat for the sponsorship. It's appreciated, big time!
I'm looking forward to NVC's post to see who won what.
I had a great time and sure enjoyed seeing everyone, new and old.
Now, I need to get caught up on my record keeping, which has been lacking to say the least! (Brass, loads, results etc...)

PatMarlin
05-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Chapter one-

I may as well start from the end and work backwards...

Sunday night dinner was great. Got to sit and chat with MacCobb's wife who is pretty near my mother's twin. She's a sweet heart. Yous one lucky dog there Mac. Next progressed around the room and really- I don't remember seeing so many good people in one place in a long time.

I got to sit with my buddies Dept Al, and cousin Buckshot, as well as Karen and Bruce, Quilbillie (Lynn) and other folks as we had dinner and a few drinks. NV Curmudgeon Bill commenced with a great speech and handed out awards. Very cool. Last time I can remember getting an award of any kind was 8 year old YMCA basketball.

After dinner soaking up more conversations progressed about life issues of folks afflicted with pouring cast boolits and the tight group that got away as I was watching the dinner bill pay line. I figured I would wait for it to die down a bit then I would wonder over and take care of mine.

Not to long after I faintly here Mac say off in the distance- "Someone didn't pay... Calamari" Then I said "That's Me". Evidently, part of the last line at the counter was trying to figure out who had not paid while I'm yacking away to Bruce and Bill about who knows what across the room. What a ding dong. I'm thinking maybe a few if those Bicardi and 7UP's had something to do with it... :mrgreen:

And wouldn't you know Mac and his son, and daughter in-law paid for my dinner and wouldn't accept a dollar for it. I need to make that up to you guys somehow, and thank you very much for that. Where else do you find folks like these but at Cast Boolits? ...

So the story should end here, but it doesn't... not yet.

Everyone cleared out with many good-bye's and very nice meeting' ya's. I get back to my motel room, and think "Where's my Golden Wheel Weight award"? I'm digging around in my gear bag, and diggin' through the cab of the truck and realized I had left it in the restaurant. So I drive back in a hurry- run down stairs and sure enough, the nice lady had it at the bar... :roll:

Might have had something to do with those Bicardi and 7UP's but I'm not sure... :mrgreen:

PatMarlin
05-24-2011, 09:22 AM
Chapter two-

The next morning.

I wake up and sit there watching commentary on Obama and coverage on the horrible tornado in Missouri. Get coffee and a shower, and get packed up to get out and head back home.

Standing at my pickup loading gear and realized it was kinda chilly there in my T-shirt, I'm wondering, "Where's my favorite flannel shirt?". The one mom had given me for Christmas? So there I go- back to diggin' through the cab in a panic. I'm thinking... there's my Golden Cast Boolit award... check. There's my range targets... check. Do I have my jeans on and my Gerber holstered? ...check.

Then I remember something about those Bicardi and 7UP's and the restaurant... :mrgreen:

I jump back in the truck and haul down the road to get there thinkin' it's gonna be closed, and I'm going to lose my shirt.

As luck would have it, the door was open but no one around. I go downstairs to where we had dinner and there's a construction crew having some kind of meeting, looking at me like "Who in the heck is this guy"?, and I tell them- "no problem, proceed on, I'm just looking for my shirt." Look everywhere, but it's not down there. I go back upstairs and look around the bar, the kitchen, the tables. Still no shirt and still no employees in sight.

I see a Wal Mart bag on the bar with what looked like it had clothes in it. It's tied shut, but I figure- "That's got to be my shirt". I open it up and it's some ones change of clothes. Not mine. I'm again thinking "what a ding dong." ...:roll:

As I get back in my truck and sadly drive away, it dawned on me to check in the back. Pull over and sure enough, my shirt was there sitting in a bag from when it was raining, and I took it off and put on my coat so it wouldn't get wet at the range... :mrgreen:

PatMarlin
05-24-2011, 10:30 AM
Chapter three-

The drive home.

So I'm finally on my way. Leave Winnimucca about 0900 after a good breakfast take out with JackintheBox... :mrgreen:

Heading west about 45 minuets or so, I notice a truck ahead and some stuff drop from it. I still don't know what in the heck it was, but I'm dodging chunks of something looked like rocks but more like steel and then wham- takes out my front right tire and sends me into the shoulder. The shoulder there was a steep narrow area into a fence. No real safe place to be on the freeway.

I'm thinking great- I need to get out of there as fast as I can before I get runover by a semi truck next... :roll:

Got my spare out and replaced the wheel. Tire destroyed and just tore up everything under there. I checked the back tire, cause I hit something with that as well. It looked OK.

Headed back out on the road towards Reno and thought- great. Now I need a tire, so I decided to go through Sacramento where at least I know tire guys and I wouldn't get raped on it.

Nice day, and drive back over the Sierras. Problem was my arm and wrist started swelling up with my two middle fingers of my right hand throbbing. I realized I had slammed my arm into the armrest during the accident. Right about then my jaw started to hurt on the right side. Then I realized I had clinched my teeth while dogging the truck drop items as well.

I get to about Granite Bay near Folsom east of Sacramento on I-80 and POW!... the back tire blew out, on the same side. Great. I pull over on the freeway and no spare. This one tore the whole skirt off as well, and bent my fender in real good. Took my chrome exhaust pipe with it. Tire destroyed. Evidently, it had damage from the prior ordeal but just took it's time to fail. Thank god it didn't happen over the mountain pass.

I can't remember ever using road service cause us hillbillies just don't do that. I called my insurance company and they sent over a tow truck. I told em' to hurry up cause it was on the dang freeway and not safe. I tried to briefly tell them about what had happened earlier but I was running out of cell phone minutes. They transferred me to claims and the connection went dead so that was that.

I wait, and I wait, and I wait. Truck comes with a good operator. He gets my pickup on the bed and asks, "where do you want to go"?. You've got 5 miles. 5 miles I say? And he says yep, and $5 bucks per mile after that.

So I said head to the nearest tire shop. He has a diesel like mine and had problems with his injector pumps and I told him why and what the solution was as we drive over. Nice guy. Go into the tire store and the cheapest tire they have is $181 bucks... :roll:. We look at each other and shake our heads and go find another store. The next store wanted $150 per tire. That doesn't include mounting of course. Damn rich neighborhood.

I ask the driver if he could drive me to North Sac, the poor part of town and my tire guys would take care of me? He says sure, but of course his company would want the $5 per mile. So off we go.

My Mexican tire buddies who know I've been out of the area for some 12 years, see us pull up with my rig on a Jerdan bed tow truck- tires blown out and the side of the truck all jacked up with wheel well and fender damage not to mention black tire marks on the paint from end to end, and asked "What in the heck happened to you PAT?". I told em' I needed a beer, and then told them the story.

I trade them the 2 good tires I had for a set of decent used and a few more bucks. We caught up on old times and shook hands, and I was on my way up I-5 north to home.

cobbmtmac
05-24-2011, 12:45 PM
To all that attended NCBS 2011 !!! What a GREAT TIME !!!

First, Bruce and Karen......THANK YOU for all you do, you are so appreciated by all!

I certainly know that...all... our family had a great time. I am writing this just from me as Marlene, aka "CookieCutter" want to post her own comments .
There was a special highlight for me that I did not get to brag enough about. My Grand son Chris (the BIG boy) shot a .790 practice round at 100yds. This was his second time at our event, just had to let you all know it gave me pride.

PAT.....I appreciate finally meeting you. You are right... I am lucky to have Marlene, thank you. Now I need to set you straight, it was Tom (7's & 8's) and his lovely wife Pattie and I that paid for the Calimari. How I got involved, the waitress thought my daughter-in-law had not paid for a calimari dinner, so I explained that could not be as she had shrimp. Tom and Pattie stepped in and said they would pay for it, I then volunteered to help. After hearing your story, it really makes me feel good that I did.
So glad that you are OK!

Again thanks to everyone. As you know I take a lot of pictures and will be posting them, please understand it some times takes me a lot of time, relearning each year the editing and posting process. Oh, Pat, you and all the other WINNERS will be receiving a framed picture of your winning event, again, I am a little slow but it will come along.

CookieCutter
05-24-2011, 02:25 PM
A big THANK YOU! to Bruce, Karen & Kim. The Shoot was so much fun and the Saturday night dinner was FANTASTIC!!! Karen, you should have your own "Food Network Show". We appreciate all your hard work.

It was great to see everyone again and to meet new people. I am looking forward to next year.

My goal for the 2012 event is to have cast my own boolits. I'm sure Mac will be happy to hear this. This desire comes from seeing the thrill of having made the boolit that wins the event. Wish me luck!!!

onceabull
05-24-2011, 02:48 PM
Sis: Don't wear sandals..It's not worth it.... Onceabull PS:What the xxxx is a bullet ??????

NVcurmudgeon
05-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Second attempt at posting match results of NCBS 2011, if this computer doesn't lock up from overload again:

Aggregate score won by ammohead with 142-6X.. Also earned Pat Marlin equipment award.

Ladies' group AND score won by Kelly with 2.4" and 50-5X

Scoped pistol 25 yd. group won by Tim Janke with 0.41"

Long range rifle (417 yd. gong) won by Buckshot with three out of five hits.

Pistol 25 yd. group AND score won by Jim French with 1.05" and 49-1X

Rifle 100 yd. Score won by Pat Marlin with 42.

Rifle 100 yd. group won by Tim Janke with 0.715" Also earned NOE gift certificate.

Rifle 50 yd. group won by NVcurmudgeon with 0.669" Also earned NOE gift certificate.

Rifle 50 yd. score won by Jaremy C. with 48-1X

200 yd. iron sight levergun tied between Buckshot and NVcurmudgeon with two out of five hits.

Pistol team stake cutting match won by Team One with a time of 2:18, rifle team clay pigeon match not held because of a real draw washer.

Unfinished business: all results subject to correction, final awarding of three Pat Marlin equipment awards pending consultation, and sorry for the telegraphese but it got done this time!

CookieCutter
05-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Hey "onceabull"-brother Bill,

Remember, I'm still your little sister, thanks for the heads up.

oso
05-24-2011, 04:57 PM
Thanks all for a most excellent cast boolit celebration. Trigger digit too tired to type 'til today.
Amy had a great time and is looking forward to next year - says all of the company was great! (So, was she expecting that all boolit casters are as bad as the hubby-beast?) We both shot and learned a lot.
The Brittany Brace really enjoyed it all; the shooting made them want to hunt and run so there was a Brittany Race all the way up and down Winnemucca Mountain as well as their other excursions. (Kinda cut into our trigger time but it helped us folks pace ourselves.)

PatMarlin
05-24-2011, 08:40 PM
You may want to mention those 50 and 100yd and other rifle scores that were standing off hand Bill. Or designate bench and offhand. I'm beat. Can't get off the couch today.. :mrgreen:

Was great to shoot all those fine rifles.

PatMarlin
05-24-2011, 08:46 PM
Couple rifles really rocked.

Bill's mod 77 in 35 Whelen
NV Walts 03 Springfield
Ammohead's 1895 in 405.

Thanks guys for letting me shoot those and selling them to me.... :drinks: I'll forward my shipping address here real soon... :mrgreen:

onceabull
05-24-2011, 08:53 PM
To 9.3x62AL :for the live demo on my DW 375 Supermags capability at 100 Yd.offhand (In the right hands !!) Couldn't match it myself,but may get close by next year !!! Onceabull

9.3X62AL
05-24-2011, 10:31 PM
Bill, that Supermag was an eye-opener for me on a couple fronts. My first time firing the caliber, period. In that DW platform, it was quite docile and tractable. Those tapered cases aren't the best in a wheelgun, methinks--even if scrupulously cleaned of sizer lube, the boolit lube blows back into the chambers and starts setback onto the recoil shield/primer bushing.

obssd1958
05-24-2011, 10:39 PM
I would be horrified if I left anyone out, so to those who planned and set up this years event, and all who attended it and made it a RESOUNDING success - my wife and I thank you VERY MUCH!!! We had a wonderful time, and enjoyed the company more than we can say.
God willing, we will be there next year!!

Don and Cindy

NVWalt
05-25-2011, 10:01 AM
Just got to reading all of this as I seemed to have spent most of the time sleeping and feeling puny. This was one fine gathering of the tribe of Cast Boolit Shooters anyone could imagine. Good folks and lots of lead being flung downrange. I got to meet new people and it doesn't get any better than that.
Lot's of great shooting with just a few impressive groups and scores and everyone was a winner no matter how you look at it.
Dinner at Bruces was as usual GREAT. And I can't thank the Bannisters enough for all they do and of course NVC .
I was pretty under the weather and just couldn't bring myself to try any but a couple events which turned into total failure for me but I tried anyways.
Another big thanks to Al Neilson and Pat Marlin for their donations to the cause.
It was good to finally put a face on Pat Marlin.
Maybe next year a new date in June just might get us away from some of that global warming that seems to have hit us in May the last couple of years.
All in all it was a great shoot and wonderful people. Doesn't get much better.....Walt

PatMarlin
05-25-2011, 10:59 AM
I slept all day yesterday as well Walt. Just feeling beat up and I think after last night I'm caught up on sleep. I know you were tired cause folks... he was asleep in the cab of his truck, right on the line...:mrgreen:

9.3X62AL
05-25-2011, 12:51 PM
I seem to be paying back a bit of sleep debt myself lately. :)

CookieCutter
05-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Bruce & Karen,

Forgot to thank you for the cold drinks at the shoot. It was so nice to go to the ice chest and pickup a refreshing drink. Also, we thought the name tags were a great idea, even though I forgot to wear mine at the shoot.

Thanks again for everything.

NVcurmudgeon
05-27-2011, 12:39 AM
At the Rools Committy meeting Friday night of the 2011 NCBS there was planned a 100 yd. pistol gong shoot. I need to hear from any who participated in this activity, and any results. The present lack of any results turned in has me thinking that this event didn't occur because of the inclement weather Sunday afternoon. TIA to anyone who can shed some light.

Buckshot
05-27-2011, 02:59 AM
..............I certainly had a good time. In fact had I not fired a shot I would have had a good time. It was really wonderfull getting to see everyone again, and we're all simply getting better looking all the time .............. you betcha! It was a real shame that we didn't get to shoot the Team Rifle shoot Sunday, but the weather simply didn't co-operate. The Team Pistol shoot was a gas, and I have to say these two team events are my favorites. I've always wondered what other people using the other bays at the range think? You have 2 teams of 10 or more total, all shooting as fast and furious as possible to shoot their respective boards in half as quick as possible. [smilie=w: Pretty noisey!

As per usual KarenB practically killed herself in the kitchen cooking for the mob, and Bruce & Karen DID have a housefull! Their daughter Kim was outside BBQing chicken wings. Since it was lightly misting rain I felt bad and went out to see if I could take over or help out, but she said she was doing fine. So I thought we were going to be having BBQ'd chicken but Kim said oh no, this is just finger food. After the chicken was done she had 3 Tri Top steaks, and beef ribs to BBQ, plus Karen had 2 Lasagna's in the oven! That didn't include the several salads and vegetables that were cooking! For dessert there was 2-3 cheese cakes, an ice cream cake, a couple regular cakes and ice cream. Dare I say there was a pickup truck load of beer?

I suspect most all of us came to the realization that this has really grown into quite a respectable gathering of folks. It's grown way beyond a few freinds or families getting together for a couple days of shooting:mrgreen: In fact as time goes by (as has been mentioned before) it's become more like a family reunion with some shooting tossed in on the side! It's great to see the wives shooting along with hubby too. I'm sure like many of those who've attended a couple of these, on the way home I was planning already on next year's shindig. I'd also like to add my thanks to Swede Al of NOE and Pat Marlin for their most generous contributions of prizes to the event. A VERY nice act on their part, and they were appreciated by all. Even those who didn't win one of'em!

I dont know how it'd be possible, but I'm looking forward to NCBS 2012 being the best yet!

....................Buckshot

NVcurmudgeon
05-29-2011, 04:21 PM
ammohead, winner of the three gun aggregate score event, chose a Pat Marlin Checkmaker.

Buckshot, winner of the 200 yd. gong event, chose a Pat Marlin Checkmaker.

Obssd1958, winner of the triple blind drawing, chose a Pat Marlin RockDock. (Meaning three honest, eagle-eyed, people set up the several parts of the drawing, NOT three blind mice.)

The 100 yd. pistol gong award goes back to Pat Marlin as the event was not held because the range was turned into gumbo by the Sunday rainfall. As there were more prizes than winners each winner was privileged to choose his prize. Many thanks to generous sponsor Pat Marlin for the awards, and to generous sponsor NOE Moulds for two gift moulds and picking up the bar tab at Ormachea's for a hard drinking lot.

Clarification: The 50 yd. and 100 yd. offhand rifle events are listed as "score" events in my post #124, won by Jaremy C. and Pat Marlin respectively.

quilbilly
05-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Bruce and Karen,
Thank you again for putting on this great event and especially for all your efforts creating the Saturday night dinner.
If Holly and I can make it down your way in October for a little rockhounding, I hope you will be in town so we can touch base.
Ward Norden - aka Quilbilly

ammohead
05-30-2011, 06:17 PM
You may have noticed in Walt's post about the shoot that he returned home and was feeling a bit puny. Turns out he had a fairly large heart attack Friday and received a triple bypass surgery as a result. I was in Ely over the weekend and called his daughters house to get his latest phone number to look him up. What I got was this dire news instead. The surgery went well and he is out of ICU and seems to be recovering as well as can be expected. I will post any news I hear, but in the meantime let's all keep Walt in our prayers.

ammohead

PatMarlin
05-30-2011, 08:57 PM
Yikes- thank god he's OK. Get well soon and heal up Walt!

Get well prayers coming your way.

Matt_G
05-30-2011, 09:15 PM
Good Lord!
Walt, prayers are incoming. Get better, take care of yourself, and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

obssd1958
05-30-2011, 10:52 PM
Walt,
Cindy and I are sending knee-mails for a quick and complete recovery. Take care of yourself man!!

Don

cobbmtmac
05-31-2011, 11:17 AM
Walt and Jane!

Just want you two to know that Marlene and I are pulling for you! Hope the recuperation is fast and study!

Let us all know when you can how your doing? I'm sending you a PM.

Love to you both,

angelfrog
05-31-2011, 08:40 PM
Bruce & Karen,

Forgot to thank you for the cold drinks at the shoot. It was so nice to go to the ice chest and pickup a refreshing drink. Also, we thought the name tags were a great idea, even though I forgot to wear mine at the shoot.

Thanks again for everything.

Hey cuz a little late letting all know I had a great time even if my niece kelly beat me at te 50yrd and the group. was holding first for awhile. Bruce & karen great food. And good time. Looking forward to next year.

Buckshot
06-09-2011, 02:25 AM
..............Yo Mac! Were there supposed to be pictures? Someone said there was going to be pictures and I've been really really good about waiting ............ so far. But some people I know, it could get real ugly before too much longer :-)

..............Buckshot

PatMarlin
06-09-2011, 02:37 AM
Oh yeah. I just remembered that thing called NCBS. I almost forgot.

Jon K
06-09-2011, 09:21 AM
What.......No Pictures this year?

Still waiting to see.............

Jon

PatMarlin
06-09-2011, 09:39 AM
I'm sure Cookie is keeping MAC real busy with all kinds of HoneyDOO's ... :mrgreen:

It is spring time, uh summer ya know.

cobbmtmac
06-09-2011, 12:42 PM
Buckshot and All!

Well it may get "UGLY", but I hope not! (Remember Rule #3....NO WHINING)

I have the pics ready as far as, cropping/editing/most have script on them. I am using a new camera that the pixel count is so high I can't send them. My B-in-law is my computer/electeronics GARU. He has plans to be here this weekend to show me how to reduce the pixel, so we can put all them on Cast Boolits.

I have the WINNERS pics ready to print, plus I have frames for them, my guess with what needs to be done, including packaging, they will go out around the 15th. I do need a few addresses, but will try to PM for them.

I do refer to the last paragraph of my Post # 121. Sorry I am slow and I know that most are anxious to see the happenings!

Trying hard,

PatMarlin
06-09-2011, 12:49 PM
My wife had her camera set on full blown pixel and man it does take some time to go through them.

Easy with Photoshop LE, or standard. Open up the software, open the pic, select pixel size change, type in 650 on the width and Save. At least on a MAC anyway., AND... anyone named MAC should be using a MAC... :mrgreen:

cobbmtmac
06-13-2011, 01:00 AM
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-1-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-5-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-7-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-8-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-9-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-10-m.jpg

cobbmtmac
06-13-2011, 01:05 AM
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-11-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-12-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-13-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-16-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-17-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-19-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-20-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-25-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-27-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-32-m.jpg

cobbmtmac
06-13-2011, 01:06 AM
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-33-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-34-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-35-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-36-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-37-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-42-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-43-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-44-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-18-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-24-m.jpg

cobbmtmac
06-13-2011, 01:07 AM
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-29-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-31-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-39-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-41-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-49-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-67-m.jpg

cobbmtmac
06-13-2011, 01:09 AM
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-50-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-53-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-54-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-56-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-57-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-59-m.jpg

cobbmtmac
06-13-2011, 01:11 AM
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-60-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-61-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-62-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-63-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-64-m.jpg
http://macmar.fcs.net/NCBS-2011/ncbs-2011-65-m.jpg

cobbmtmac
06-13-2011, 01:39 AM
Hey to all!

I was not able to be at the Bannister's Saterday evening due to alergy sickness.

Obssd1958 (aka Don) did take pictures at that event and has been waiting for me to Post mine. So I am sure he will post the Sat Night pics soon.

Sorry about the delay.. I have ideas about next years event pics that I will share down the road.

You are all very special to me and mine!

PatMarlin
06-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Fantastic job Mac. Outstanding.

Matt_G
06-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Outstanding pictures Mac. Thank you for doing this.
It's greatly appreciated by all I know.

Buckshot
06-14-2011, 03:55 AM
..............The usual superb job Mac! It's a shame you have to spend so much of your time chasing around with a camera, but I guess if you didn't we'd be S O L, for pictures eh?

...................Regards, Buckshot

NVWalt
06-14-2011, 08:26 AM
Mac,
Thanks for the pictures. Brings back already fond memories of this years shoot and makes me long for next years get together....Walt and Jane

cobbmtmac
06-16-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi to everyone,

Thanks for the kind words!

I need to let you know that we are experiencing severe internet problems. Some of the problem may be with my system. I wanted to let those that are expecting pictures in the mail know, that my printer is also giving me trouble. My computer expert is my B-in-Law, he is a mountainness hour away, but is very busy with his paying accounts, so I don't know how soon I will get his attention. So please bare with me.

It has taken me almost two days to get cast Boolits to come up.

Just as soon as things are fixed I'll come on and let you know, Thanks,

cobbmtmac
06-21-2011, 11:59 AM
All is well!

I shoud be getting pics out by weeks end or before.

Take care,

Longwood
06-30-2011, 12:55 AM
Thanks for the photo's.
That was some fine shooting indeed.
Loved looking a those nice guns and nice looking folks.

cobbmtmac
06-30-2011, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the photo's.
That was some fine shooting indeed.
Loved looking a those nice guns and nice looking folks.

Longwood,

Thanks for the kind words. It is as much or more fun than the pictures show! I would like to invite you to NCBS 2012, tenitively planned for June of 2012. Stay tuned to this site early in the year for info on next years event. Be part of next years pictures.

Sincerely,

TamNemo
07-22-2011, 03:19 PM
HEY Ya'll!

Oh Patrick, you show-off! Sure, first time out there ya get a perfect score! Way to go though Bro! Looks like you had a lot of fun. I didn't read everything (kids keep whining me off my computer) - where were you?

I still can't open your pics in my email unless I send them to my hotmail account. Problem's not on your end.

TN

TamNemo
07-22-2011, 03:48 PM
HEY! Castboolits remembered my birthday!!! NOW I AM SOMEBODY!!

cobbmtmac
07-23-2011, 12:33 PM
TamNemo,

First, welcome to this site! Yes, Pats' a big show off, however, I believe liked by all!

PatMarlin
07-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Happy 50th Birthday Tam! ...:Fire:

I think SIS should come to next year's NCBS.

The entertainment value alone would be worth it ..:mrgreen:

New generation Cast Boolitettes....

http://www.patmarlins.com/sleepingbeauty.jpg

http://www.patmarlins.com/natdog.jpg

Panama Jack
10-16-2011, 11:48 PM
Hi All, On Tuesday, the 18th, we are off to South Africa for a ten day hunt. Hopefully we can give you updates and keep you posted during our stay or soon after we return to the USA.

Panama Jack & Anita

PatMarlin
10-17-2011, 10:43 AM
Awesome!

Send pics Jack...!~

cobbmtmac
10-17-2011, 11:22 AM
Panama Jack & Anita,

Have a great trip, take lots of pics, but most of all we wish you great hunting success!

Be in touch

Buckshot
10-23-2011, 01:07 AM
............When I was in the Navy we went to the Indian Ocean/Mid East. Stopped in Luanda, Angola, Mombasa, Kenya for a few days and went on a "Camera Safari" in the Tsavo Game preserve. Also stopped at Masawa, Ethiopia. Of course we stopped at other places too, but I recall how GLAD I was to get back to the good ole U.S. of A.!

..............Buckshot

Panama Jack
11-10-2011, 12:35 AM
When we were in South Africa we could not get online to send any photos. My hunt was successful. I got my primary species, the kudu, as well as a blue wildebeest and a waterbuck. I was able to upload the 3 photos to a Picassa web album but we cannot figure out how to get the photos in this message. Anyone have any suggestions ... ?

Panama Jack & Anita

Panama Jack
11-10-2011, 12:59 AM
Please try this link ... copy and paste ... or just click on the link.

https://picasaweb.google.com/112410687117433967107/PanamaJackS2011SouthAfricaSafari?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCO6QibK12b7r1wE&feat=directlink

Panama Jack

Buckshot
11-10-2011, 02:04 AM
............Jack, the address you put in worked just fine. I tried to download the photo's and then insert them into your post, but I guess your photo sharing place won't allow it. So, what cast boolit mould did ya use and what was your load? :-)

Rick

Matt_G
11-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Very nice Jack. Let's hear the story behind them...

PatMarlin
11-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Watch your cheek Matt ...:mrgreen:

Panama Jack
11-13-2011, 12:54 AM
Buckshot ... and for those who are interested ... I used a 375 Ruger, 300 grain RN bullets, factory loads by Hornady. Details of the hunt will come later.