PDA

View Full Version : Saeco Parts

Rich/WIS
02-21-2011, 01:41 PM
Have an old Saeco Model 24 lead pot. Great piece of equipment but the plastic knob that adjusts the temp has broken in half. Half is still held on by the set screw but I wild like to replace it. Is there a source of parts, OEM or anything that works, I am not fussy. Figure I better get this fixed before it falls off altogether.

oneokie
02-21-2011, 02:25 PM
Kings Kiln Repair, Raywood, MO.

A google search will get their contact information.

W.W. Grainger

Radio Shack

shaune509
02-21-2011, 08:48 PM
appliance parts house. used appliance shop. goodwill.
shaune509

Le Loup Solitaire
02-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Hi and welcome to the Saeco pot club.The thermostat control knob on the M24 is similar to those found on other appliances found around the kitchen such as a blender etc. It is essentially a "pointer". You can find knobs in places like Ace Hardware, True Value and others that carry parts for coffee makers and other appliances. Set your pot at Zero and take your knob or what is left of it off with a small screwdriver so you can bring it with you to match the hole/shaft size. It doesn't matter really what the exterior shape it is as long as there is a witness mark to show where it is on the thermostat dial. You can use a round knob and put the witness mark there yourself starting with things set at off/zero. It would be better to make sure that the replacement knob is made of something like "bakelite" or whatever they use nowadays that doesn't get deformed by heat. If the mounting hole is a bit oversize you can always shim it with a flattened piece of nail or scrap of tin that fits under the screw that tightens it to the shaft. LLS