PDA

View Full Version : Ruger Blackhawk Flap holster

ron brooks
11-18-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm looking for a rig for a Ruger Blackhawk 5 1/2" 45 Colt with 45acp convertable cyclinder. What I am looking for is a crossdraw fullflap holster, a pouch for the convertable clyinder, belt. Still open to ideas of either a belt slide for say a dozen extra rounds or the loops on the belt.

Suggests on where to buy such a rig or reasons to change it?

Thanks,

Ron

MT Gianni
11-18-2006, 09:46 AM
My late uncle made several holsters as you describe from his old high top cowboy boots. He would cut the tops off and draw the outine of what he wanted then have a shoemaker sew it together. They were all flap top with a button or strap added. The same could be done for a cylinder pouch. Right now with Cowboy action shooting there are a lot of holsters out there but they mostly look the same. A good quality custom would run some coin. I personally do not want more tyhan 1 caliber of ammo with me and my handguns so the spare cylinder stays at home once I decide which I'm shooting. Good luck with it, Gianni.

D.Mack
11-18-2006, 04:40 PM
ron.... If all else fails, try Desbiens Gunleather..1625 Howard road #272... Madera Ca. 93637. ..or rvd56@comcast.net He made a custom holster for my H&K p7 for a very reasonable price, which was a good thing, as the few people who list that holser never had one in stock.
....I just happen to have a similar gun,with a 4 3/4 inch barrel, I carry my extra 45 acp in 1911 magazines and belt pouches. I don't have to fumble with indivdual cartridges, just pull the magazine and thumb them into the cylinder. DM

ron brooks
11-19-2006, 04:54 PM
MT Gianni,

Heck as far as I know it's a 100 miles to a cobbler, the reason I want teh spare cylinder pouch is for when I go to the range, I also have a 45 acp 1911, the belt pouch would just be a nice way to carry it.

D.Mack,

Thanks for the suggetion. I'll look into it. I'm also thinking about El Paso Saddlery. When I lived there I used to have them do minor modifications on stock itms and they were good about it, but that was 20 years ago.

Good idea for the the 45 acp ammo carrying.

Thanks to both of you,

Ron

flhroy
11-24-2006, 01:40 AM
Ron check this URL out. I think you might find something useful.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/index.ht

Roy

Nine-Toed Omar
11-24-2006, 02:59 AM
I recently got a half-flap holster for my RNV from Terry over at 'Our Bandit Leather Crafters (http://www.ourbanditleather.com/index.html)'. Absolutely OUTSTANDING quality and function. (And he was mighty quick too! Eight day turn-around on mine. YMMV.)

Give serious thought on his work. I'm saving my very limited pennies for a full-flap model for my Single Six.

knothead
11-25-2006, 10:59 PM
Ask Bob Mernickle, I'll bet he will make a nice one to your like'n

I've been very happy with the holsters hes done for me.
No connection - he has some of my money for some of his work.

Bubba w/a 45/70
11-26-2006, 01:19 PM
Ron check this URL out. I think you might find something useful.

http://www.simplyrugged.com/index.ht

Roy

The same suggestion I was going to make.

Biggfoot44
12-02-2006, 01:39 PM
Ditto Simply Rugged. Also check Idaho Leather.