PDA

View Full Version : Ohaus 38-150K

swampmaster
11-17-2006, 10:33 PM
I picked up a 4 banger like new can anyone tell me if this is a true Keith style bullet or at least if it is a decent design

onceabull
11-18-2006, 06:18 PM
Swampmaster: how lucky you are, that boolit is the predecessor to the current RCBS 38-150-K. I have both the Ohaus and RCBS labeled versions is 2 C moulds, and would pay up for the 4c version: Well regarded writer/caster/board member here,Glen Fryxell,has referred to this as his favorite currrently available boolit for the 38 Spec.( see the article @ Handloads .com,"the 38 SWC":) I'm not certain it has the square bottomed lube groove said to be nec. to be a "true" E.Keith,but the results are such that for me,it's a So What... Enjoy, Onceabull

Maven
11-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Swampmaster, Onceabull's correct about accuracy of the 38-150K. It is an excellent performer in my S & W Mod. 10 and two .357mags.

swampmaster
11-19-2006, 12:20 AM
Swampmaster: how lucky you are, that boolit is the predecessor to the current RCBS 38-150-K. I have both the Ohaus and RCBS labeled versions is 2 C moulds, and would pay up for the 4c version: Well regarded writer/caster/board member here,Glen Fryxell,has referred to this as his favorite currrently available boolit for the 38 Spec.( see the article @ Handloads .com,"the 38 SWC":) I'm not certain it has the square bottomed lube groove said to be nec. to be a "true" E.Keith,but the results are such that for me,it's a So What... Enjoy, Onceabull

Well Thanks even a blind dog can find a bird sometimes. I quess it is not a true Keith style at it doesnt have they squared off lube groove more of a rounded one but none the less a great looking bullet

swampmaster
11-19-2006, 12:21 AM
I might add my aloy must be off as it is casting almost 158 grain not 150 as the mould states