PDA

View Full Version : Just trying to clear up a Rumor!

Bigjohn
11-17-2006, 10:30 PM
Most esteemed members of the board; Could you please put a fellow member out of his misery and answer a question.

Some weeks ago, a new member of the board was being welcomed by all of us when he made a statement which I picked up and questioned but no response was received.

He referred to Paul Matthews as being the 'Late' Paul Matthews. If this is the case, when did this happen?

When I developed an interest in the art of BPCR, I looked for publications which had information on this subject and Paul's were some of the first available to me and further sparked my interest in shooting the .45/70 with many varied loads.

I have always valued Paul's books, as the were my first source of information and I can say that he inspired me to search further afield and try many things to get my rifles to shoot.

It would be a shame if he has left the range for good with hardly a murmmur at his passing just as he may be surprised if with have written him in the big book prior to his eventual departure, the one we most all take sometime.

I hope that this news is untimely and early and that Paul continues to enjoy his sport with friends.

John.

Bullshop
11-17-2006, 11:51 PM
This is the first I have heard mention of it.
BIC/BS

Bigjohn
11-18-2006, 01:50 AM
I am hoping that the fellow had it wrong, a mistake. I am certain that someone who has written so much about the sport would be missed and not pass over with out notice.

John.

Rod B
11-18-2006, 10:47 PM
I also am a fan Of Paul Mathews. I have three of his BP books. These were a great asset when I first started loading that other kind of powder.:)

I hope Paul is alive & well & that he is still enjoying shooting & loading black powder cartridge rifles.

Rod.