PDA

View Full Version : Nice day!

oldhickory
02-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Hey, it's too nice outside to sit around talking to you guys. I'm going shooting![smilie=s:

imashooter2
02-18-2011, 09:28 AM
A likely story. Pics or it didn't happen. ;)

I'll be thinking of you as I sit in an 8x8 gray box shuffling paper. :(

WILCO
02-18-2011, 09:55 AM
Hey, it's too nice outside to sit around talking to you guys. I'm going shooting![smilie=s:

Great! Have fun. :grin:

Olevern
02-18-2011, 10:07 AM
I'm going to a (or multiple) gun shop. Went shooting for half a day while visitin a friend in Tn. couple of days ago, great weather then too.

Three-Fifty-Seven
02-18-2011, 10:58 AM
Only supposed to get up to 72º today . . . I'll keep my long johns on! (No, there not purple!)

However . . .
Show what your shooting!

41magfan
02-18-2011, 11:16 AM
[smilie=w:[smilie=w: its 60*, the furnance gets a break and I'm packin guns an headed to the range. After supper headed to the outdoor show in monroeville.

RayinNH
02-18-2011, 11:41 AM
I'm doing the same thing after lunch, cutting out of work early, of course I work for myself. Supposed to be about 50'ish up here...Ray

Mal Paso
02-18-2011, 11:58 AM
After weeks of sunshine it's pouring rain here. We had about 3 inches of hail yesterday and lightning took out the neighbors power pole. Casting and reloading weather for sure.

oldhickory
02-18-2011, 06:03 PM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn179/krag1894/redfieldsight.jpg

I named them after the two lovely old ladies on "The Waltons" who were always whipping up a batch of "The Recipe" for the local men folk's ailments. You know-gout, rumitizim, etc.

They were both born in 1898, both .30WCF. The rifle is a Winchester Special Order with 1/2 round/octagon barrel, 26" long, 1/2magazine, shotgun but, and tang sight. The saddle carbine is just standard Winchester 1894 other than the platinum line express rear sight.

Ran the pair of them through their paces with RCBS 30-180-FN boolits and 27gr. of IMR 3031. Best group at 50yds with the carbine was just under 3", 4 all but toutching, and a 5th. that ran a-stray some 3" low, (just me I guess). The rifle did a little better with 4 shots in a nice round group about 7/8" and a 5th wandering about 1 1/2" low, (again!:brokenima). All in all, a nice day in the high 60's and got to shoot my antique 1894's!:grin:

Harter66
02-18-2011, 08:12 PM
Lucky dogs y'all are snowed off and on all day more expected tomorrow . Lotta good 4/10s do me this time of year.

Three-Fifty-Seven
02-18-2011, 09:03 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnVT/Guns/Ruger%20Mark%20II/FirstDay.jpg

[smilie=s:

imashooter2
02-18-2011, 09:26 PM
Sounds like a great day oldhickory. Beats snot out of my day in the box. And lucky me, I get to do it Saturday too!

starmac
02-19-2011, 12:15 AM
It was a beautiful day here too, it was above 0 all day, but snowed a little. The wife hung out on the river and took pictures of the dog teams crossing the finish line. She stood down there a couple hours the night before last to watch the winner come in and it was thirty below, I was sound asleep when she climbed in bed and shot me right out the other side. I never realised a person could be that cold. lol

Euan
02-19-2011, 05:07 AM
Only supposed to get up to 72º today . . . I'll keep my long johns on! (No, there not purple!)

However . . . we do plan on going to town (Tucson) and picking up some powder . . . maybe a gun or two if I can find the right one)s) . . . Monday is a Holiday for me, hopefully it will be warm by then, and I'll have some new loads worked up by then . . .

Show what your shooting!

Nothing wrong with PURPLE, It's the standard colour down under. Jeff in NZ will vouch for that.
Cheers Euan.

oldhickory
02-19-2011, 08:57 AM
We ended up getting overcast . . . even sprinkled the windshield on the way home, and windy!

But I did find a Mark II that had to follow me home! ($295)
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/ShawnTVT/Guns/Ruger%20Mark%20II/FirstDay.jpg

The guy offered me $200 for my Stainless New Model 6.5" . . . I said "No thank you" and I brought that back too!

[smilie=s:

Pretty nice! I enjoy mine quite a bit, a 6" MkI made around 1973. It's probably the most accurate handgun I own, if I hold it steady. I'm glad I got out yesterday, high today is only supposed to be 40 with high winds! Guess I'll have to spend most of the day cleaning up the summer kitchen. I finally got the bench in order, now for the rest!

C1PNR
02-22-2011, 04:59 PM
Been snowing off and on for about a week now. Planned to go out on the desert Sunday but got snowed out. My Brother went out yesterday and spent a good deal of time "mudding" his way out after a few rounds fired in defiance to the $@*&$$ weather. I guess it's a good thing both he and our Buddy have FWD.:coffeecom

oldhickory
02-22-2011, 05:13 PM
Been snowing off and on for about a week now. Planned to go out on the desert Sunday but got snowed out. My Brother went out yesterday and spent a good deal of time "mudding" his way out after a few rounds fired in defiance to the $@*&$$ weather. I guess it's a good thing both he and our Buddy have FWD.:coffeecom

Well, for what it's worth,our little tease of spring is over for the time being. I woke to snow and 19 degrees this morning. Good news is-It won't last! It's supposed to be in the fifties again next week! And I do have lots of .308 ammo loaded with boolits.:drinks: