PDA

View Full Version : Speed Green?s

DeepSouth
02-17-2011, 11:00 PM
Can speed green be used as a pan lube or possibly as a dip lube?I dont have any kind of lubing equipment right now and I'm not really wanting to buy any.Just thought after melting and mixing you could,say,leave the lube on a lower haet setting where it is still liquid and just dip the boolits in it.Sort of how ranch dog lubes his boolits.

Bullshop Junior
02-18-2011, 01:02 AM
Yes it can.

DeepSouth
02-18-2011, 08:21 AM
Does speed green work well in warm weather areas such as south Mississippi?How about just outright hot?

Kirk Miller
02-18-2011, 12:48 PM
You might want to try a lube with a little less slickness. I've tested several different lubes when the temp was between 70 and 90 and speed green would start throwing fliers after three shots.

Maybe, I was using too much. Or possibly, I should have added some more beeswax to the lube. Regardless, I decided to use another lube in warm weather and only use speed green in cooler temps.
Hope this helps.
Kirk

nanuk
02-18-2011, 01:34 PM
Kirk, do you think the flyers were due to the lube being too soft?

Kirk Miller
02-18-2011, 03:46 PM
No, I've uses Lars 2500 at the same time {cleaning between groups} and not had the fliers. Speed green is not overly soft, but the the same slickness that works wonders on boolit molds seems to affect MY grouping ability in warm weather.

Of course YMMV. Also, I should mention that most of my testing with speed green has been with my .22 center fire.
Kirk