PDA

View Full Version : where to get different flask tips ?

Throckmorton
02-17-2011, 03:27 PM
new at this,wondering who sells tips for flasks.?
problem is I have no idea as to the brand of my 2 flasks..are all threaded the same?
I know I can cut down if necessarry,but can't cut longer no matter how many times I cut them. lol

thanks all.

Alaskan100
02-17-2011, 04:51 PM
track of the wolf, Possible shop, Traditions. Any of those will sell the tips for flasks. Its important to figure out what charge you muzzleloader likes first, then but the right grain tip. That makes loading SO much easier. As far as the thread size, if you order from any of the above mentioned outfits and it don't thread into your flask, just return it. But most of the new ones are universal size thread.

Alaskan100

02-17-2011, 05:58 PM
Not recommended to load from large vessel like horn or flask directly into most guns... charging a revolver cylinder is another matter. Briskly discussed in another thread here in the ML section. I use a flask some with a small, handy size spout... then pour into a separate brass measure cut or adjusted to whatever charge I want.

This is a medium sized flask and fixed measure. The measure is cut for 45gr FFg. BTW a 45-70 case holds about 70 grs FFg. Thin brass tubing in various diameters can be found at most hardware and craft stores. Insert plug and cut to desired length for whatever charge. I have a few ranging from about 45 gr to 95 gr. - fills most all my muzzleloader needs- 45 cal to 58 cal.

Hellgate
02-18-2011, 01:58 AM
Hey Throck,
Hellgate here. Look at your Cowboy Chronicle and you will see the EMF Company has them for sale for something like 10 for $5 or whatever for a real decent price. If I didn't already have a ton I would load up. I suspect there are a bunch of sizes but there ought to be at least 2 or 3 you can use. Look in the back for the list of advertizers to go to EMF's ads. As far as I know most if not all modern made flasks (usually Italian) have the same threads on the spouts.

bullshot
02-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Throckmorton
Dixie shows a bunch of different spouts. Contact them, maybe they can help you out.
PH# 731-885-0700 or info@dixiegunworks.com. Good luck

Throckmorton
02-18-2011, 11:30 PM
thanks for the hellp !!
I have 2 flasks,I'll start by seeing if the tips interchange. DOH !!

u are right abut not loading rifle from flask,thanks for that reminder. !

! I do have measures to dump into from the flask.

thanks again !!!

coopieclan
02-24-2011, 10:45 AM
I was looking @ Taylor's, They have spouts and a proper filling funnel for the new Italian repro. flasks:

http://www.taylorsfirearms.com/products/detail-accessories.tpl?subcategory=Black%20Powder%20Acces sories&startat=21