View Full Version : Honoring our Veterans

fatnhappy
02-16-2011, 09:22 PM
I feel the need to share this.

http://www.comcast.net/video/honoring-fallen-vets/1536192981/

WILCO
02-17-2011, 10:52 AM
I feel the need to share this.[/url]

Great stuff. Thanks for posting the link.

shdwlkr
02-17-2011, 01:14 PM
Thanks for posting
Brought back some memories of military funerals that I was a part of a long time ago and it brought tears to this old man's eyes as so few today even care about out veterans or their families.
I am in college right now so I can go back to work in 3 years with vets and the mental health issues they have and will do so until I die. It is my way of paying back to those who stood up when called and didn't run to another country to avoid being in the military.

sundog
02-17-2011, 01:32 PM
Hooah!

missionary5155
02-17-2011, 02:34 PM
Greetings
I am a Vet (71-74). Each time up in the U:S.of A I pick a Vet who has some need and go visit him on a weekly basis. Costs me a couple hours a week. I do whatever he needs done and cannot do himself. My life has been thoroughly enriched being with these fellers.
Do not wait till they are gone to be willing to say thanks.

Idaho Sharpshooter
02-20-2011, 01:18 AM
We have been proud of our service to our country, and proud to share the memories of others. My wife and I went to the Wall last Memorial weekend, and I touched base with a few friends whose names are there.

Some of you here know my brother EdK from StL. He and I served together in Vietnam. I was always proud of that, and still am.

If you don't have a tear in your eye after watching that flag ceremony, there is something missing in your life.

Rich
Sgt G Co/75th Inf
Army Rangers

shdwlkr
02-20-2011, 06:25 AM
Idaho sharpshooter
I have never been to the wall in Washington, DC but visited the traveling wall when it was in a city where I was working, I was not going to visit but friends who took me to the traveling wall where they were very surprised when I listed a few names that were on the wall and the lady who found them was very nice and took me to each name so I could touch them. The last one I visited was my cousin who died there, I wear a memorial bracelet so I never forget that War touched my family. I was lucky as I am still here or was I
I cried so bad when I had touched all the names on that wall and it took me almost an hour to pull myself back together so I could return to work. My friends left me all but one who stayed to make sure I was ok. When we got back to work my boss started to read me the riot act until my friends all of them came over and told him that I had been to the wall, he didn't know what to say and just walked away and never mentioned it again. Some don't know how to deal with military issues and never will.

madman
02-23-2011, 06:14 PM
They maybe gone but they are never forgotten. I lost several friends to the VC, uncles to Japs and Germans, Family in every war and conflict since before this was the USA. I love them all for what they have given me, who I am, and the hope of seeing them again some day. God Bless them all.
God bless you all. Never forget that our right and freedoms we have were purchased by someones else's blood and sacrifice.

Lead Fred
02-23-2011, 07:21 PM
This warms my black heart
As long as there are real Americans left, the world will have to wait to take over

shdwlkr
02-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Madman
My family has been here depending on which side you look at since there where people on this land. We have fought long and hard to keep this land free but I do wonder how much longer we will be free.

joelpete
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
Damn. Just watched it... shouldn't a done that at work.