PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Papers for Patching

brstevns
02-16-2011, 08:15 PM
Just came accross a couple of boxes of the Old Permanent Papers that the girls used to put the curl in their hair with store bought perms. These look like they may work for patching bullets, has anyone tried these? Looks as if these are just a little thicker than cigarette papers, they mic. at .0015

6.5 mike
02-18-2011, 08:16 PM
I use tracing paper from chinamart the same thickness with good results, give it a try :popcorn:. I've used it from 22 to 45 in rifles.

montana_charlie
02-18-2011, 10:53 PM
My wife used to go to the beauty shop to get a permanent, and a week later she needed another one.
Didn't seem very permanent, to me.

Ever notice how many people are missing most of their permanent teeth?

Maybe I'm being contrary, but I'll just stick with temporary papers...

CM

brstevns
02-18-2011, 10:58 PM
Guess I am just a old penny pincher, can not see a reason to throw them away when I may have a new use for them.

45-70 Ranger
02-18-2011, 11:01 PM
Shucks, ya never know what will work unless you try it right? This may prove to be an additional paper that will be in the list of "Another brand to use" for us that wrap our rounds!:-) As we say here in armadillo country "Let 'er buck!"

Wade

brstevns
02-20-2011, 06:37 PM
Back in the early 80's I used cigarette papers to patch some bullets for my 308 win with lighter loads. I wrote the NRA a letter and their reply was they had never heard of anyone doing this before, it seems now there are more then a few doing this. I am going to try the perm papers and see how they work on some 30 cal.