PDA

View Full Version : ww clips

clintsfolly
02-16-2011, 04:18 PM
We are having a warm day today so was out cleaning by the barn and threw a 380 lbs of ww clips and steel WW in the truck. The scrap yard gave me $44.00 for them :razz: thats more then i payed for some of the ww I smelted!! Clint

skytex
02-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Now take the total paid for all those ww, subtract the 44. There you can divide that number by the amount of pounds of ingots you cast for cost per pound on your lead. Further divide one pound by how many grains your boolits are and you have a lead cost per boolit. Add that to primer, powder, and brass costs for price per boolit total.

bumpo628
02-16-2011, 09:43 PM
How many lbs of WW do you have to smelt to get 380 lbs of clips? :holysheep

Dman4321
02-16-2011, 09:49 PM
Not as many as you would think! as the only WW i can seem to buy are the smallest ones possibly made! I have always kept the clips from smelting in buckets, and recycled them at the dump. I guess I should make a scrap run!

Fire_stick
02-16-2011, 11:59 PM
Dang, I have been throwing mine away. No more. Thanks for the post!

Flip
02-17-2011, 12:11 AM
I save mine and take them to the scrap yard along with the rest of my steel. It all adds up.

evan price
02-17-2011, 02:26 AM
I put the clips, steel & zinc weights, the trash from the sorting table, the dross, and all my other metal junk in barrels and haul to the junkyard regularly. Or I dump it into the trunks of cars I send to the shredder. Right now I'm getting $280 a ton for sheetmetal. That's worth saving!

clintsfolly
02-17-2011, 08:21 AM
a hundred lbs of that was steel WW,s ! The yard guy wanted to take then and put then in the lead box. I showed he that that there not lead. He said thats a new one on me!! Clint

a.squibload
02-18-2011, 02:09 AM
My scrap steel empire is growing as I own a Jeep.
The local yard wants 500 lbs minimum to turn in, I think I have that much already
but can't part with it, you know, "I could use that some day to ______".
For example: wife wants a mailbox stand made of roll cage tubing. We'll see about that.
Will wait 'til I smelt my few buckets of WWs and see how much there is in clips.
Have not seen a LOT of steel WWs here. I sort first, already filled a small box, maybe 40 lbs.