PDA

View Full Version : Handloader e-editions

cheese1566
02-15-2011, 10:34 AM
Anybody doing the E-editions online of Handloader, Hunter, and Rifle from Wolffe Publishing?

http://www.riflemagazine.com/magazine/signup_info.cfm

I see you can get the 3 magazines online and print/save articles to your computer for only $20 a year for all three. Just the mailed copy of one is $20 a year.

Wondering if anyone is doing this and their thoughts.

(Bad side is you cannot take with you to the "second office".:-()

dromia
02-15-2011, 10:56 AM
I've been subscribing for a few years now and it works fine.

I still don't like reading magazines on line and it doesn't convert to my ebook very well being magazine format in pdf but its easy enough to print off the articles you really want and take them to the second office.

At 12 quid a year for all three you can't say no to it. :D

Moonie
02-15-2011, 11:35 AM
I have been getting the e-editions for about a year, love them, great way to do it, and I do have a laptop so I can take them to the other office[smilie=l:

jswaff
02-15-2011, 08:52 PM
Been getting these for 2 or 3 years now. Works great. Don't have to look at the newstand or wait for Uncle Sam slow delivery system.

Recluse
02-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Anybody doing the E-editions online of Handloader, Hunter, and Rifle from Wolffe Publishing?

http://www.riflemagazine.com/magazine/signup_info.cfm

I see you can get the 3 magazines online and print/save articles to your computer for only $20 a year for all three. Just the mailed copy of one is $20 a year.

Wondering if anyone is doing this and their thoughts.

(Bad side is you cannot take with you to the "second office".:-()

Thanks for that link and info. . . and idea.

I visited their website and downloaded a sample magazine, and printed out an article, plus saved the (sample) magazine. I went back and opened it up and it's just like reading a magazine except on your computer. It has all the ads and everything.

I'm signing up. $20/year for ALL THREE magazines is a heckuva good deal.

Thanks again for that info!

:coffee:

AZ-Stew
02-16-2011, 04:05 PM
I've been looking for a good "pad"-style computer for the "second office", just so I can go electronic on my magazines. What's holding me up is that it has to have a color screen, the ability to display the videos that are linked from the publications, a large enough screen that I can read it when I'm bleary-eyed in the morning and it has to do Wi-Fi so I can link it to my home wireless network and retrieve the magazines, either from the publisher or from my computer. When I can get all that in a reliable package, I'll jump on it.

Regards,

Stew

oscarflytyer
02-17-2011, 08:41 PM
Been getting the e-editions for about 6 months now. I HATE reading a mag online, but...

Advantages (for me):

don't miss and issue. they also email when a new one is available. No longer have to chase mags at book store.

easier to print out the pages I want to keep anyway

MUCH easier to archive a soft copy for later reference!!! HUGE plus for me!

all I really wanted was handloadeer, and occasionally Rifle. But couldn't beat $20 for all 3

Idaho Sharpshooter
02-19-2011, 03:31 AM
If you get the E-mag, you have no excuse to go to Barnes & Noble, and the cigar store is next to them. Buy the magazines, go next door, and have about half a pot of good coffee and a danish while you read...

Besides, the one waitress has big boobs, and will occasionally show them to me.

Rich

S.R.Custom
02-19-2011, 04:51 AM
I hear you can get that on your computer, too.

badgeredd
02-19-2011, 09:22 AM
Boy! am I ever glad someone else had the good sense to ask this question. I've been procrastinating on the idea and now will jump on it. Thank to all for the info and the good and bad points...especially Rich.

Edd

RugerFan
02-19-2011, 10:01 AM
I just subscribed. Thanks for the heads up.

Recluse
02-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Same here. Just subscribed and downloaded some editions.

For $20 bucks for three magazines?

You can't beat this deal.

:coffee: