PDA

View Full Version : Short Season

Denver
11-15-2006, 02:24 PM
Scored this morning (opening day) about 8:30 on a nice forkhorn that field dressed @ 160lbs. Used my Marlin RC 35 Rem with RCBS 200gr ACWW boolit ahead of 33 grs surp AA2520, Fed 150 primer. It was a broadside shot at about 35 yds to the right shoulder. He ran about 65 yds and piled up graveyard dead. No second tags this year, so I'm done for the rest of the season. :(

:castmine:

JDL
11-15-2006, 08:50 PM
Aww mann, don't you just hate it when that happens? :-D Congratulations! -JDL

Bass Ackward
11-16-2006, 07:56 AM
Congratulations. And as you get older, them short seasons aren't really looked at all to bad. I get so bad that I even wait for them to run up the hill and down'em close to the trail. Now that is lazy.

But I have to perform a sad duty here too.

Denver, we have lost contact with a board member. His name is Al. And he started out huntin in California with his 9.3X62 a couple of weeks ago. And he hasn't been heard from since. He has been gone soooooo long that he probably .... ought .... to be about in your area by now. :grin:

Didn't happen to run in to the fella did ya?

Denver
11-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Bass;

No, I haven't run across any lost Californians in my neck of the woods so far. Seems to me I do recall he had mentioned hunting in Michigan before tho. I'll keep an eye out. :-D