PDA

View Full Version : SAECO lubrisizer washer question

catboat
02-13-2011, 12:14 AM
I have a SAECO lubrisizer. It's an older model with black crinkle paint, not green.

For SAECO Lube/sizer users, are you experiencing blown lube gaskets? I've just split my third one in a year. I'm lubing with basic NRA 5050 beeswax/alox stick lube (pretty soft). I've tried using the gasket/seal with the flange UP, and with the flange DOWN.

How do you position your lube gasket/seal ? With the "walls" of the gasket back, toward the spring, or forward, into the lube?

Previously, the gaskets/seal would last many years. Three gaskets in about 1000 lube/sized bullets (mostly 38 wadcutter or SWC design.).

I crank down the handle until "firm" (and until I get lube into the bullet groove). I get maybe 6-10 bullets lubed/sized, then the lube volume in the groove is seen, and I give a quarter turn on the lube handle (pressurizing the lube again), and lube/size. After the lube/size session, I back off the pressure in the lube chamber by backing out the lube handle/piston 5 or so turns.

Oeration input welcome. How are you positioning the seal, and do you have any advise to get longer life out of the seal?

Thanks in advance.

PacMan
02-14-2011, 06:59 PM
Put the gasket in facing down like an unsided down cup.Make sure you do not have any tension on the spring.Be carefull puting it back in the tube that you do not damage the rubber gasket.