PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 2 Cav mold Handles

hornady
02-10-2011, 01:39 PM
I have about give up finding any used, and Flee Bay I may as well buy new as pay new price for used on there, 90% of my reloading and casting stuff comes from Mid-South shooters, Mid-Way, Graff, and Cheaper than Dirt. But who has the best price on handles. Other than the usual Mail order outfits.
I am looking for a couple sets, it seems the mold I want to use, don’t have handles on them, and I am spending casting time switching handles.

Jal5
02-10-2011, 04:58 PM
Will the Lee 6 cav mold handle work? Works fine on my Lyman SC molds, not sure about how it might work on the 2C though.

Sully
02-10-2011, 05:21 PM
There's a bunch of Lyman single and 2 cavity mold HANDLES on E-bay right now. Ive got 6 or 7 on my watch list at present

02-10-2011, 06:04 PM
Lee 6-cavity handles are an exact fit. Or they were the last time I bought some. With a slight modification, they will fit Lyman 4-cavity and RCBS moulds, too. It could be argued that they are the most adaptable piece of casting equipment we have available. And they cost, what, $12 or $13?

hornady
02-10-2011, 08:34 PM
I just checked Mid-South and the Lee 6 Cav, mold handles are $12.68 good price, someone said they needed modified for the Lyman 2 cav, molds, is the thickness right, or do they need shimmed or ground down, And will the holes line up with the blocks.

02-10-2011, 08:39 PM
No filing or grinding needed, nor do the holes require any modifying.

mooman76
02-10-2011, 08:56 PM
They fit the Lyman 1 & 2 cavity fine. They do however need modified for RCBS a slight amount and the Lyman 6x have a thinner channel also.

nwellons
02-10-2011, 09:20 PM
I just bought the Lees for a RCBS single cavity mold. The handles are very strong; a good deal. Had to grind a little off the fit the RCBS but it only took a few minutes.

hornady
02-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys, looks like I need too put in another order to Mid South. Has anyone else noticed the last two orders I put in to them, you now have an extra box too check with on-line orders, something about you are responsible for legality of ordered items in your state. Did this come from the New California Gun laws? If you miss this box you need to re-enter your credit card number and information again.

02-11-2011, 11:23 AM
The California ammo purchase law was over-turned and is not in force. Out-of-state companies may not be up to date, or haven't changed their web-site.

hornady
02-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Glad to hear that, a guy I talk to in another form from California, told me some of the proposed new laws and was stocking up on components, I have not talked to him in a few months, and did not know that BS had been pulled.
I always worry about the BS that comes out of California and New York; it has a habit of spreading.