PDA

View Full Version : Marlin M1 and M2 carbines

RU shooter
02-09-2011, 09:30 PM
Anyone else have one of these little plinkers? I just got a beautiful M1 in a trade on RFC, It even has the original rear sight (got lucky on that) trouble is that open leaf is horrid up there on the receiver ,I'm needing a decent peep sight. Does anyone know if the Tech 200 sights would work with the height of the original ft. What sights are working for you?

Thanks,Tim

Papa Jack
06-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Anyone else have one of these little plinkers? I just got a beautiful M1 in a trade on RFC, It even has the original rear sight (got lucky on that) trouble is that open leaf is horrid up there on the receiver ,I'm needing a decent peep sight. Does anyone know if the Tech 200 sights would work with the height of the original ft. What sights are working for you?

Thanks,Tim

I also have one of these lil Marlins.....Mine is missing the rear sight , and someone carved out the hand guard to clear a scope .
I'd like to replace the hand guard and find a rear sight. I checked Numrich and they don't have ALL the parts needed...
I'm thinking maybe adapting a rear sight from a Carbine or maybe a 03-A3 .... "PJ"

shooterg
06-14-2011, 11:05 PM
Aperture rear sights are available made to clamp on the scope grooves of .22's and pellet guns. May not work with the 989M1 's front sight ? Had several of 'em, gave one each to the nephews, kept one. Have 4 of the Erma/Iver Johnson M1 .22's that are much more like the
.30 carbine and fun to shoot.

Papa Jack
06-15-2011, 12:26 AM
Aperture rear sights are available made to clamp on the scope grooves of .22's and pellet guns. May not work with the 989M1 's front sight ? Had several of 'em, gave one each to the nephews, kept one. Have 4 of the Erma/Iver Johnson M1 .22's that are much more like the
.30 carbine and fun to shoot.

I have a 989M2 marlin, I orderd from Numrich today and completely spaced out on ordering the replacement hand guard !! Ohh Well, I'll order it next time around.

So what brand is your Clamp on Aperture sight ???? I looked thru a couple catalogs last night and didn't come up with anything...
Thanks for the help !!..... "PJ"

Papa Jack
06-20-2011, 03:10 AM
I was digging thru a box of gun junk Fathers day and I found the rear sight for the lil Marlin, so I will check it out this week and see how good it shoots.... "PJ"