PDA

View Full Version : m44 scope mount ?

badbob454
02-09-2011, 03:35 AM
i bought an m44 moisin nagant long eye relief scope and mount for my rifle has anyone used one and how was its accuracy? i got i coming from evilbay he he but i dont know if its capable of holding zero mounts on drift pin and set screws on the rear sight pin location ,, anyone?:bigsmyl2:

Dutch4122
02-09-2011, 09:58 PM
I have used the "Daryl's Scout Mount" on a 91/59 carbine and an M38 carbine. Worked very well on both. If that is the mount you bought I think you will be very happy.

Hope this helps,:D

badbob454
02-09-2011, 10:08 PM
thanks matt i think it was called a scout. mount hope... cant afford an ''06 '' so im trying to get close

roverboy
02-10-2011, 03:20 PM
I've got one of the cheap long eye relief mounts. A friend gave it to me. I guess that should've been a clue, because he couldn't get it to stay still. I tried it on my Izhvesk M44 and it did ok for 7 or 8 shots then got loose. I used Duro Lock It on the screws. The mount you ordered may be a lot better. Good luck with it.

badbob454
02-10-2011, 09:49 PM
thanks i will put it on in a few and report when i shoot it .. thanks for the feedback

HARRYMPOPE
02-11-2011, 12:11 AM
i have the cheapo NC Star evil bay sold one an it has held up fine on a 91-30.

H

Dutchman
02-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Daryl's mount does not suffer from the malady of the typical el cheapo LER mounts.

The problem with the cheapo mounts is this: They use two screws through the ladder pin holes, one coming in from each side. That is the ONLY lateral support. All the other screws are used to balance fore and aft height. I call them strain screws as that's what they are. They use opposing force to hold the mount in place predicated on the pivoting action of those 2 screws through the ladder holes.

When you tighten these opposing screws, even with brass tip screws, you're bearing some amount of torque into the BLUING of the rifle.

I like Daryl and he and I have had email about LER mount designs. I've spent a lot of time studying LER "technology", as it were, to see what's good and what's not good.

I don't make any for the Mosins and don't plan on it. The m/39 Finn maybe and I might try one for the m/38 and m/44 where the rear sight base is a one piece band that goes around the barrel. I think I can do a one piece base that will have no equal in the world of Mosin LER mounts but that's a ways off if I can get motivated enough ($$$).

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/ler.html

Dutch

Combat Diver
02-16-2011, 09:05 AM
My Polish M44 is still as issued, however my 1891 (made by Tula in 1904) has been sporterized. A 3/8" rail was brazed on the rear sight channel and used to wear a Bushnell Phantom 3x pistol scope. It didn't hold up one day when I lent it out to another SF team when they had a 1000rds to shoot one afternoon. I bought a NCStar red dot scope and so far its held up. Granted don't shoot it that often only a dozen rounds a year now since I'm usually down range.

http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/Mosin_Nagants_PC140134.JPG

bit better shot..
http://www.hunt101.com/data/500/medium/1904_NM_full_view.jpg

CD

badbob454
02-16-2011, 11:27 AM
thanks for the info ill try mine... badbob