PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood turrets on EBay

MightyThor
02-08-2011, 07:44 PM
Just looked and there are two Hollywood turret presses on ebay. The three hole senior and a bigger universal turret. Might be worth a look if they don't get bid up to high.

Skipper488
02-09-2011, 02:02 AM
Too late the prices are already too high.

jaguarxk120
02-09-2011, 10:08 AM
I only found the 12 station turret, it's not the super turret and the opening bid is $475, way tooo high,

Kevin Rohrer
02-09-2011, 03:58 PM
You won't find any Hollywood Turret for less than $500, although I will say that current prices are CRAZY. :holysheep

And a correction: That "three hole Senior" is actually a Universal Model-III w/ the earlier Model-A turret.

Skipper488
02-09-2011, 06:17 PM
That three hole looked cool but the price is crazy

Cowboy T
02-09-2011, 07:44 PM
All the more reason to just get a Lee Classic Turret Press for $100 at Midway. Those Hollywoods go for $500? Wow....

troyboy
02-09-2011, 08:08 PM
I cannot for the life of me see paying more for a used item than a new one.[smilie=b: You would think that these brainiacs would run out of money and the market would experience a correction...:groner:

Skipper488
02-09-2011, 11:26 PM
I cannot for the life of me see paying more for a used item than a new one.[smilie=b: You would think that these brainiacs would run out of money and the market would experience a correction...:groner:

there are some liberals that reload.:shock:

jaguarxk120
02-10-2011, 11:09 AM

It's just the fact that much of the older tooling is much better quality than the die cast stuff offered today.

Yes the new stuff of today works and is cheaper, but once you use a older quality press, using the die cast stuff is not the same.

Someone signs off with this quote: " The Bitteress of Poor Quality is Remembered Long After the Sweetness of Low Price has Faded form Memory" Aldo Gucci

If you pay a little more now you won't pay again later.

Kevin Rohrer
02-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Quality of manufacture is one thing. It's nice to know that I have presses made out of steel in a time when strength, quality, and longevity were the only concerns; compared to now when the only concern is the bottom line.

It's also a matter of personal taste. I can own presses made from American steel--or Chinese aluminum.

I can own what everyone else does, or I can own distinctive, relatively rare reloading equipment that few choose to have.

I also like the "wow" factor when someone sees my bench.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29/KevinRohrer/Reloading/IMG_0473.jpg

And I'm no :Fire: liberal.

Bradley
02-10-2011, 12:50 PM
As I suppose you know your twelve position turret was one of the first 100 units Hollywood made. You can tell that from the curved back and the bolted on front plates. Hollywood always made things in batches of 100 and those two features were only on the first units Lyle made. Nice too that the finish is in such good shape.

Kevin Rohrer
02-10-2011, 05:58 PM
I was aware that the Universal-B was early, but wasn't aware that it was one of the first one hundred. To be more exact, this might have been one of the first 100 Lyle Corcoran made, but it wasn't the first 100 Universal Bs ever made.

The design originated with the Universal Tool Company (owners: Lindsay King and Selmar Siebert), and I have no idea how many they made. Mr. Corcoran bought the design from them in WW2 and made changes as time went on.

The right side has cast into it: "Universal Patent 1935" (I think), while the right side says, "by Hollywood Gunshop". It is in exceptionally good condition, with no rust, and little in the way of paint missing from the frame.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29/KevinRohrer/Reloading/IMG_0382-1.jpg

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29/KevinRohrer/Reloading/IMG_0396.jpg

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv29/KevinRohrer/Reloading/IMG_0385-1.jpg

Were you friends with Mr. Corcoran?

CiDirkona
02-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Looks like you could steer a pirate ship with those! :D

Cowboy T
02-10-2011, 10:22 PM
And I'm no :Fire: liberal.

I am. :mrgreen: :lovebooli