PDA

View Full Version : Maybe tomorrow

CLAYPOOL
02-03-2011, 11:28 PM
Stopped at the local recyclers today and asked if he had any new leads supplys. Showed these ingot's to me. $ 1.00 a pound. Cash and carry. Said he would hold the for me to come back to town with sister's pick up. Average weight 2 lbs. Hop these photo' work on here.
SEE YUW
CLAYPOOL8-)

Surge223
02-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Sorry, no pic's showing to me.

CLAYPOOL
02-03-2011, 11:43 PM
This is the same problem I had over on the welding forumns I go to. Can't get this old puter to do what I want. SORRY:violin:

onondaga
02-04-2011, 02:43 AM
Clay, sorry to tell you but pictures just don't appear in posts if you drag and drop them. You, at least need a link code for each picture. If that means nothing to you, you have got a lot to learn.

Open up a photo storage online like Photobucket. you then have to upload your pictures to that. when you click on them in your account a tool bar appears and you click "share". you then have a bunch of selections, click on 'Get link code". Highlight and copy that code. then in your posting tool bar click the icon for "insert link". drop the copied link there. when you click "post your reply" the photo will appear where you dropped the link.

The easy way is to ask a kid to show you how to put photos in a forum from Photobucket and have them help you open a Photobucket account and upload some pictures from your computer to your account. It is free. There is a learning curve but it gets easy after a while and only takes a few seconds to transfer a link code to a post in a forum to display a photo

http://photobucket.com/

Gary

fredj338
02-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Stopped at the local recyclers today and asked if he had any new leads supplys. Showed these ingot's to me. $ 1.00 a pound. Cash and carry. Said he would hold the for me to come back to town with sister's pick up. Average weight 2 lbs. Hop these photo' work on here.
SEE YUW
CLAYPOOL8-)
I'm sure in the future it will change, but $1/# is my max for buying alloy. I would pay that for lino, but ww or scrap, I want it cheaper. Still, you are making 200gr/45 for less than $30/1000.[smilie=s:

leadbutt
02-04-2011, 08:46 PM
"The easy way is to ask a kid to show you how to put photos in a forum from Photobucket and have them help you open a Photobucket account"

Man knows how to get things done!

L. Bottoms

GP100man
02-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Mean while , take a hammer with ya & hit em if they ring & don`t dent leave em !! zinc

Ya should be able to scratch lead with finger nail to some extent !!

Ask if he`ll hold em for awhile longer & get just a few LBS. to TEST with before layin big bucks down !!!!

Photobucket is the way to go !! keep em all around 700x700 for us poor folks in the country with slow dial up !!!

CLAYPOOL
02-09-2011, 02:44 AM
Went the next day..Potental Rifle buying person. Bought 447 @ $ 1.00 a pound. If my guess is right, this summer it will rise. Several bars of tin of differant mixs on them. The 4 + the handle of "Pigs" of plumbers lead too. Looked to me that some one was getting out of reloading. All the "Ingots" had been poured, but were larger that the factory molds. I put all I had into the finger nail test and could only get a very small mark. Smashing together will make more of a dent. But....thats not a very good test. I would guess that the most of the hand picked stuff is cleaned wheel weights. There was a lot of 6 inch or so long narrow "Bars" that had been processed also. I passed on the roof flashing as I only had so much mad money. The barrel of lead shot was gone. I will wish I had got more obne of these days..CLAYPOOL

CLAYPOOL
02-09-2011, 02:51 AM
I sure keep thinking about when I bought it @ 18 cents a pound..The guys that work there asked about the "Buy". I said if I have the lead I won't have to look for it later...They are conserned as to where + how the U.S. is heading...The boos is thinking about a plain , wood stocked, .308. I said that the new Marlins or Savages are the current best buy...He doesnt want a "Kit" rifle. Get scope with next years tax money. That way a better scope. I told him get it, use till next year and sell it. That way you can be shooting some now..CLAYPOOL

CLAYPOOL
02-09-2011, 02:52 AM
I would love to find out who was selling that stuff, as you know there may be stuff that I or you would like to buy...Hmmmnnnn...CLAYPOOL

CLAYPOOL
02-09-2011, 02:56 AM
THANKS for the photo info...will let Oldest daughter help on that..

white eagle
02-09-2011, 09:33 AM
host in on pb
download from puter to pb
after down load save to album
copy link from album
post link in thread here
done
sinchy

CLAYPOOL
02-10-2011, 03:05 AM
Thanks...will try in a few days..Getting another puter set up for my High speed net..Having issues with internet provider..SEE YUW

CLAYPOOL