PDA

View Full Version : help on sight selection BH

.45Cole
02-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I am sending a NM BH to clements for a roddin' and indicated that I wanted bowen's rough rider english V instead of regular sights. I would like to come on target quicker and asked that the front sight post be slimmed down 25%. He responded that V's are only to be used with bead sights. I have good (relatively) eyesight and don't see why this wouldn't work. Any thoughts or insights would be greatly appreciated!

white eagle
02-03-2011, 06:33 PM
being how he has put together more guns than most I would take his advice

HammerMTB
02-03-2011, 09:32 PM
The thing is, the elevation is only exact if you have a bead in front of the Vee. Admittedly, you can do OK with the blade, but not as well, and if your eyesight deteriorates (that is, you get 40+ like many of the rest here) it will be even tougher. If it's more important to you to have a narrow blade, maybe you want a more stock style of rear sight. The Vee and bead really do go together.

Bass Ackward
02-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Depends on you and also what you want "that" handgun to do.

I also have trouble with bead sights just from a changing point of impact perspeective on gold beads from sunlight.

But I use a large peep sight for direct, fast action work. You have to be shooting it all the time if you want to range with it though.

So sights are a very personal thing.

targetshootr
02-04-2011, 02:04 PM
What's roddin mean.

.45Cole
02-04-2011, 06:49 PM
roddin'-greatly improve (I'll call webster and let them know of their mistake)
roddin'-6 shot conversion package w/ octagon barrel, script, free spin, few others.
I'll post pics when it gets back (in a year or so!) don't worry thought, I have a back-up just like it (BH)!