PDA

View Full Version : Herters Stuff

gcollins
02-03-2011, 05:33 PM
Hi Fella's,
Can anyone tell me where I can go look and see what my Herters equipment is worth?
I have no plans to rob anyone on this stuff and I just want to have a idea of what I should ask.
Super O Press ++
12ga shot gun dies
8mm bullet puller.
and I might have more, I do have the scales but they are not worth any money and you can't beat them perfection weights in my mind.
Feel free to pm me, if you would like to make a offer on anything. I want to do this the right way and I find myself a little lost, I am going take down names on my post and pm's and the time they were wrote, and will try to go that away. I wished someone would make me a offer on it all and then that person could keep it or divide it up or WHAT EVER?
What I would like and what I get are to different things. The best would be to get a fair price from a reloader that is going to mount the press down and use it.
Sorry for the rambling.
G

Pressman
02-03-2011, 07:53 PM
The press should be valued at $65 on the low end to $110. It is marked "O Super" and not O-3, correct?
Dieas $15-25 if with box depending on MkI or MkII
Which bullet puller, they offered two, One uses Forster collets the other RCBS.

Ken

gcollins
02-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Ken,
You are right on the money on the price of my (O super) it is to cold to go to the shop, and most likely I am wrong, but I thought it said Super O???But it is not a 0-3! I have a brand new shell holder adapter that I bought from Midway $24.95 so I was going to ask $100.00 for the press, The dies are 12ga shot gun set like the ones needed to load full brasshulls, I have seen them sell for $125.00 on ebay and I think a fair price is $75.00. I don't have any idea what the bullet puller is worth it is in it's box and says 8mm bullet puller??
Thanks
G

SWANEEDB
02-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Hey G, Is it possible to post some pics of the 12ga dies, I have a set but I do believe I'm missing a part. Thanks

riceone
02-03-2011, 09:29 PM
Your post brought back memories and I just have to respond. I bought a Herter Super C press in 1960 and it is still bolted down on my bench and when I load I still use it. I have over 15 sets of Herter dies. I have four other presses but still use the Herter. I even have the neck sizing die with the interchangeable inserts for the different necks. I have RCBS, CH, Lyman, Hornady and Lee dies also and can't tell the difference.

I would like to have the Herter scales unless they are broken or unusuable. Would you email me at "riceone@bellsouth.net" and let me know.

roy

howlnmad
02-03-2011, 10:52 PM
I can't say what these items are worth but I know I can buy RCBS 12 ga. dies for under 80.00 new. I know that they're not Herters but...

howlnmad

gcollins
02-04-2011, 11:00 AM
Roy,
Go to ebay they have a Herters scale listed, I don't think it will bring much?? I don't want to sell mine. We all do things we don't want to do when times get tuff!! For me, Reloading has allways been a big part of my life and allways gave me great pleasure to do it. If my back wasn't shot I wouldn't of sold any of my reloading equipment.
I am kind of a different type of person(weird) for me to get up every morning I still need a passon and that passon is reloading. I will be posting pics in the classifeds with prices soon.
G

1Shirt
02-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Still using Herters dies, with no complaints!
1Shirt!:coffeecom

thehouseproduct
02-04-2011, 12:56 PM
Hey G, Is it possible to post some pics of the 12ga dies, I have a set but I do believe I'm missing a part. Thanks

+1!!!Me too!

hcpookie
02-05-2011, 12:54 PM
I have a set of the 12g dies; here is a scan of the instructions that may help:

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/swaging/12gauge/001.jpg

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61129/swaging/12gauge/002.jpg