PDA

View Full Version : Powder Valley primer special

Roundnoser
02-03-2011, 01:17 AM
Just an FYI...Powder Valley is running a special on Tula primers for the month of February: Buy 10K Tula primers, and get free shipping and free hazmat.

collyer
02-03-2011, 09:09 AM
bump answered wrong thread

Charlie Two Tracks
02-03-2011, 09:54 AM
I did that last month. I may order again.

Recluse
02-03-2011, 11:49 AM
What the heck is a Tula primer?

:coffee:

Dennis Eugene
02-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Russian made right in the same factory beside them other russian primers whos name I can't think of right now. Dennis

kbstenberg
02-03-2011, 01:10 PM
The otherbrand is Wolf. Why go there? I just picked up 2K SRP at Cabelas 19.99 per 1K
Kevin

azrednek
02-03-2011, 02:29 PM
For what it might be worth, if Wolf and Tula primers are the same. During the height of the shortages I bought a thousand large pistol Wolf brand primers and each and every one went bang.

If it is a matter of just saving a couple of bux. I prefer to buy USA mfd primers to support American workers. I'm not foolish though with my money. If the savings is substantial I will buy the foreign made goods.

Dennis Eugene
02-03-2011, 10:59 PM
I got in on the last sale at Powder Valley. Same exact deal 10,000 primers free haz mat and shipping plus ins. I bought powder also, it cut my price per shot from local powder and primer prices' of .14 cents per shot to .06 cents per shot. If I had some throw away money I'd sure put in another order right now. Dennis

patsher
02-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Dennis Eugene, how do these Tula primers compare to, say, CCI primers vs. Federal primers?

(My Lee autoprime system warns against Federal specifically, and anything other than Winchester or CCI in general) Any problems using them with the Lee autoprime?

Dennis Eugene
02-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Sorry Don't know nuttin' 'bout the Lee auto prime I use the RCBS bench mounted primer press. The Tula's seem to be good primers. I've heard a few guys have had problems with misfires but once they take extra care in makeing sure the primers are properly seated the misfires go away. Or so I've heard I've had no problems with mine. Dennis Eugene

HangFireW8
02-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Federal primers versus Lee autoprime doesn't have anything to do with misfires or seating.

Federal uses a different isomer of lead styphnate, which is slightly more brissant than CCI, Win or Rem. As a result a chain reaction caused by a single primer detonation is slightly more likely, and somewhat more hazardous.