PDA

View Full Version : ? for the 45 shooters

BT Sniper
02-01-2011, 02:30 PM
What size is your brass after you size it in the resizing die. I need to reduce some cases a bit and think a simple 45 resizing die would be easy enough. Looking for .460-470ish. Let me know what brand die you used. I need to be able to push a case all the way threw this die too.

Thanks

BT

b2riesel
02-01-2011, 03:08 PM
.4685 using Lee carbide dies. I measured a WWB factory round and found they are .4705.

BT Sniper
02-24-2011, 02:06 PM
Still looking for others to chime in on this one. The .468 diameter looks about perfect for a starting point to make .475s.

Anyone using a Lee taper crimp die for the 45? I'm courious what minimum diameter a case would be if pushed all the threw one?

Any others with the 45 sizing dies that can chime in on what size it takes the case down to and if a case could be pushed all the way threw or not?

Thanks

BT

Lively Boy
03-18-2011, 11:03 PM
you probably already got your answer but i got .472 above the rim and .473 on the rim. lee factory crimp die

ReloaderFred
03-19-2011, 04:37 PM
BT,

I have the Magma Case Master Jr., where the case is driven all the way through a carbide die, sizing the case walls and rim. Mine come out at .470" from mouth to rim.

Here's a link to the machine: http://magmaengineering.com/products/case-master-jr-rimless-case-sizer

Depending on how many you need, I could do them for you as long as we're not talking thousands of rounds. This machine is muscle driven, and my muscles aren't as young as they once were............. If you just need a couple hundred, I could do those for you.

Hope this helps.

Fred