PDA

View Full Version : Range time

dragonrider
11-09-2006, 11:10 PM
Tomorro going to take the 22's and give them some range time, haven't shot them in several years.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/PaulGauthier/22s004.jpg
Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

mag_01
11-10-2006, 12:07 AM
Paul enjoy your range time tomorrow---22s can be fun--love the scoped rifles in 22 and i enjoy shooting the ruger single six 22---let us know how you did---Mag

Hunter
11-10-2006, 12:32 AM
Nice Rugers you have. I am a big fan of the Ruger 10/22 they make an excellent rifle and pistol. Have a good time and be safe.

BruceB
11-10-2006, 11:16 AM
.22 rimfires USED to get plenty of play around our hacienda years ago...until I really got a bad case of plumbumitis, and also since we ceased active participation in Bullseye and International pistol competition.

These days, in spite of long experience with the fun and accuracy of the .22 handgun and rifle, we have a good half-dozen or more high-quality .22s that literally don't see fresh air and open sunlight for years at a stretch.

It's so bad that I find myself turning-down the buying of more truly fine available .22s because I have enough .22 "safe queens" as it is.

I "blame" my cast boolits for this. They're simply more fun, more interesting, and more rewarding to shoot than any number of .22 rounds. Of course, I DO have to pick up the brass, but that's a small price to pay for the entertainment provided.

Enjoy the ".22 Day" at the range...

Uncle R.
11-10-2006, 12:26 PM
...going to take the 22's and give them some range time, haven't shot them in several years.

Have a good time. The great thing about .22s is that you can't cast or reload for them - you just pick up a brick at the Farm & Barn and go shoot. :-D
Casting and loading are two things on which I always seem to be way behind the curve. Range time falls right in there as well. There just ain't enough hours - or days -
:cry:

It's been a long time since I spent an afternoon perforating cans or pulverising sticks with just a dirt bank, a .22 and a brick of ammo. It may not be serious practice, or load development, or bullet testing - but it sure was fun! :drinks: Enjoy!

Best Regards:
Uncle R.

dragonrider
11-10-2006, 07:19 PM
Yup we had a good time ran about 200 rounds total through my 22's, the weather was perfect, warm for this time of year in New England and sunny skies.
I've had that single six since 98 and today was the first time I used it. It wasn't new when I got it, belonged to a freind who died in 98, the Winchester was his also as was the Dillon 650 I have. That 10-22 can shoot I tell ya. but you know I don't like it near as much as the Winchester, several reasons. One, it's heavy. In 2004 I had surgery on both shoulders and while they are better now than before they are not what they should be and never will be. A steady hold for me in stand up shooting is a thing of the past, and that's what I did today, standing, at fifty feet I could barely keep them inside six inches. and two, the trigger sucks, something will have to be done about that someday. Other than that it is a fine reliable rifle and I really like it, but the Winchester is as good a shooter, a much better trigger, and a lot lighter.

Ricochet
11-10-2006, 08:06 PM
That top one's got a stock that looks just like the Boyd's JRS Classic that I just put on my Weatherby Vanguard.

GKB22
05-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Got a 22 match in the morning, 22LR 50 yd. bench, it is a lot of fun.

LAH
05-26-2012, 07:53 AM
Let us know how it goes.

buck1
06-02-2012, 07:40 PM
GKB22 , Welcome !

waksupi
06-02-2012, 08:23 PM
I'm glad people take the time to dig up old threads, and add to them. Keeps things much more tidy, and easy to find!