PDA

View Full Version : Heading to the range

mag_01
11-09-2006, 07:41 PM
Gentlemen I'm heading to the range tomorrow and seem to be faced with the same problem. What should I take to the range tomorrow---Then once I decide please don't let me forget the ammo. After checking and double checking I usually forget something. Anyone else have this problem? Well it will be an 8mm (only 11 to chose from)---- A 7.62x54 which is not as bad only 8 to chose from A 6.5 Swede only 2 will probably go with the M-38---And if I get my butt in gear and get out in the workshop and load some ammo for the 7.5x55---- K-31---only 1 -- I will be able to shoot that and perhaps the colt python for a pistol with either 357s or a hot +P+ 38 load that I have thats a tack driver and a pleasure to shoot. If I do my part those tin cans will be jumping all over the gravel backstop. One thing I like about the tin cans with labels peeled off they are easy to see with these old tired eyes---and if the sun is shining they just beg to be hit------Mag

Hunter
11-09-2006, 08:27 PM
I always forget extra staples for my staple gun. Did you say Colt Python? Got any pictures? Have a great time at the range and be safe.

Buckshot
11-10-2006, 12:57 AM
..................Sounds like you'll need a pickup, or at least a station wagon and about 3 days range time :-).

.............Buckshot

1Shirt
11-10-2006, 09:32 AM
Hunter, After I forgot extra staples, I put a box of tacks in my ammo box just in case I do it again. (haven't since---at least to date). Have a tendancy to forget a
pen or pencil to mark paper targets also, so I put a half dozen in the glove cpt. of the truck.
1Shirt!:coffee:

woody1
11-10-2006, 10:58 AM
Hunter, After I forgot extra staples, I put a box of tacks in my ammo box just in case I do it again. (haven't since---at least to date).
1Shirt!:coffee:

Uh Huh, Yep, me too so now I carry an extry box of staples and if I haven't borrowed the stapler for something else I'm good! Regards, Woody

mag_01
11-10-2006, 08:24 PM
The weather was good here today and the range was loaded with shooters so I grabbed myself a position and shot till I got tired--Had four rifles laid out on the bench so barrels heating up was not a problem shot 10 rounds in one and then picked up another---being so close with ammo on the bench I did try to chamber a 7.5x55 in a 6.5x55 mouser thank goodness it did not fit. was a fun day till target was a blur and rifles became heavy---I shoot off hand at a steel plate set out at 180 yards. open sites---makes a shooter feel good when you hear that round hit the plate---The heaviest load in lead was 7.5x55 with a 200gr. boolit powered by 29grs. of 3031---so far the best load for my K-31. Fired about 100 rounds (total)with the rifles. Put them away and took out the colt python with hot 38s Tin cans bounced around (not as often as I would have liked) but some bounced and I'm sure I scared the rest. Will go again tomorrow (life is good)-----Mag