PDA

View Full Version : Scope and mount for k31

ian45662
01-30-2011, 06:26 PM
Whats a good scope and mount for the k31?

mike in co
01-30-2011, 10:09 PM
do a search on st marie graphics...(google/ brownells)

madsenshooter
01-31-2011, 11:18 AM
Watch out for the Accu-Mount, a Chinese made version of St Marie. I purchased one of the first he sold on ebay. When I put the mount on I have to adjust the scope as far as it would go horizontally to get on paper at 100yds. With some scopes there isn't enough adjustment. They may have gotten things better since then though. It's not parallel to the bore, that's for sure, and I'm going to have to rig up a windage adjustment on the rear ring. I've some old William's rings with windage adjustment I may put on it. What size objective bell you can use depends on the height of the rings you get.

Latigo
01-31-2011, 02:33 PM
Go here. Scroll to the bottom for our distributors. Check the mount on your way down the list.
Your best bet will be Grafs.
www.swissproductsllc.com

Thanks!
Latigo

Latigo
01-31-2011, 02:38 PM
My own preference and opinion is that any scope that is compact and a low profile works best with a k31.
This is a Leupold fixed 8 power. Low and close to the bore.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/zfk3155/K31Mount004.jpg

Latigo

Ben
01-31-2011, 03:55 PM
A Leupold fixed 8 power ? ? ?

Looks like that scope shown in the photo is a variable power scope, is it ?
Looks like a power adjustment ring directly behind the rear scope mount ring ?

I've never seen a fixed 8 power with an objective lens like the one in the photo ?

excess650
01-31-2011, 08:30 PM
It appears to be a Leupold 1-4x. I have one on my J P Sauer 9x57.

HollowPoint
01-31-2011, 08:38 PM
ian45662:

There is also a very good scope mount manufactured by Rock Solid Industries. It's a center mounted scope with integral deflector that allows you to mount your scope centerline with the bore rather than offset to the right. The deflector kicks your empties out the right side of the receiver.

I've used the St. Marie offset scope mount and it works. I just couldn't get used to it so I sold it and installed a set of peep sights till I found the Rock Solid Industries design.

Excellent design. The down side is that it cost more than what I paid for my K31. I didn't buy one but I used a similar pattern to build my own. It's worked out very well for me.

HollowPoint

Latigo
02-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Ben, I know what it looks like, but its a fixed 8. My grandfather was the head of Swift Instruments and Optics for a lot of years, and he retired in maybe 1985 or so. He was on a working basis with other R&D chiefs in other companies, and he got that scope from an associate at Leupold sometime in the 70's. He gave it to my father and he gave it to me.

This is another one that you won't find anywhere, also a limited prototype run. Its a 2 to 12 power with no turrets. The windage and elevation are hidden under a threaded slip collar at the rear of the scope. I have a standing finder's reward of $50.00 for anyone sending me to a legitimate seller of this scope, but there were so very few made it's unlikely.
This shows it with the waterproof collar unscrewed and moved to the rear

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v87/zfk3155/FN002.jpg

With a grandfather having been in R&D for a scope company you get all sorts of cool stuff.

pilot
02-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I have a Rock Solid on my K-31. Great mount, and yes, expensive.