PDA

View Full Version : Redneck math

redneckdan
11-08-2006, 04:16 PM
What do you get when you add a college student, 20ft of nylon tape and free sewing machine?

A tacti-cool garand.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/redneckdan/Gun%20stuff/DSC00040.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/redneckdan/Gun%20stuff/DSC00037mod.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/redneckdan/Gun%20stuff/DSC00038mod.jpg

Note- Though I may appear so in the second picture, I'm not completely tanked at the time of the picture. This was taken at about 2 30 am on saturday morning.

dk17hmr
11-08-2006, 04:24 PM
Nice looking rifle and sling.
Do you live in the dorms or have an appartment?

They frown on us having even a poket knife on campus. It is not uncommon to see myself or one of my buddys with a bow and arrow in our trucks though...out of sight out of mind

nighthunter
11-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Awwww Geeeeeeez .... My son will graduate from Slippery Rock University here in Pa next month and I have been wondering what all I have been paying for these last 4 1/2 years. At least it ain't wimmin and booze. You guys are only young once so enjoy it now while you can.
Nighthunter

JeffinNZ
11-08-2006, 07:06 PM
SLIPPERY ROCK UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!

Does anyone take the degrees from said institution seriously!?

No offence intended of course. :-D

rugerman1
11-08-2006, 07:16 PM

My cousin graduated from "slimey pebble" 3 years ago,He's working out in Iowa making 100K a year:drinks:

redneckdan
11-08-2006, 08:38 PM
I live in a unversity apartment. Dorm students have a weapons rom for all their goodies. Here in the apartments they pretty much turn a blind eye and anything goes. I have a 40yds archery range set up out back. The university pistol range is 1/4 mile from my front door.

dk17hmr
11-08-2006, 09:35 PM
University pistol range?!?!?!!

Damn I am going to the wrong College. My dorm room is an Apartment style we hav the kitchen and bath but I live with 3 other guys, we are all good buddies but 4 guys in a 20x20 room. Whats even worse is that our college is stricky a "Dry" campus, but like I said out of sight out of mind. Our RA came in one night last week to talk to us, also one of our good friends. When he left he mentioned he was doing room inspections tomorrow and all those empty beer cans should probably be gone....lol

They werent, he didnt care and gave us the ok.

ovendoctor
11-09-2006, 10:09 AM
nice sling[and the apartment looks half way clean][smilie=1:
see ya on the 22nd:

dont forget the list of goodies

redneckdan
11-09-2006, 12:51 PM
looks can be decieving

nighthunter
11-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Be careful Redneckdan .... I've seen what my son considers a pretty clean room.
A really intellegent female would probably never step foot in it without a tetnus shot.
Nighthunter

9.3X62AL
11-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Cool arrangement, RD!

One of the few really cool things about the Heckler & Koch rifles and SMG's was the harness/sling arrangement they came with. When fully engaged, the piece lay across your chest horizontally, slightly barrel up. Hands-free carry, in other words. A friction fitting was overcome when you grasped the arm's fore end, and as you pointed the piece it came to the shoulder almost automatically. From there, you could safe the piece and let it go to hang at your side, again freeing your hands up. It was a little clumsy in that last position with the HK-91/G-3, but real useful with the MP-5. The HK shoulder guns became problematic after firing and emptying a magazine, but until a refill was needed they were just fine. The HK sling on a Stoner/Colt system would approach perfection.

Four Fingers of Death
11-09-2006, 08:29 PM
I live in a unversity apartment. Dorm students have a weapons rom for all their goodies. Here in the apartments they pretty much turn a blind eye and anything goes. I have a 40yds archery range set up out back. The university pistol range is 1/4 mile from my front door.

Stay in school! :-)

C1PNR
11-10-2006, 09:19 PM

I don't know about the degrees, but a few years ago they danged sure took the Football team seriously!:drinks:

I don't know how they're doing these days, though.