PDA

View Full Version : 430-310 +unique?

unclebill
01-28-2011, 09:38 AM
i found more than one shooter saying that the lee430-310 with 10gr. of unique was a good load.
i am thinking of loading up a few for my n.m. blackhawk.
does anybody have any input?
p.s.
i am really hoping i can use uniqiue because i am broke but have lots of this powder.
i dont hunt but i love to shoot.
thanks
bill

44man
01-28-2011, 10:04 AM
i found more than one shooter saying that the lee430-310 with 10gr. of unique was a good load.
i am thinking of loading up a few for my n.m. blackhawk.
does anybody have any input?
p.s.
i am really hoping i can use uniqiue because i am broke but have lots of this powder.
i dont hunt but i love to shoot.
thanks
bill
Make the boolit tough by water dropping WW metal and Unique might work OK. I never tried Unique with that boolit. I use 21.5 gr of 296 and a Fed 150 primer for deer so since it is a hunting boolit for me, I never tried anything else.
In general, a heavy boolit needs some velocity for stability and that one loves around 1320 fps or so.
Just don't try to get up to speed with Unique.
Try it and post results but start out a little lower and work up, 10 gr sounds pretty hot. I would not jump right into the load until you hear from those that use it.

unclebill
01-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Try it and post results but start out a little lower and work up, 10 gr sounds pretty hot. I would not jump right into the load until you hear from those that use it.

thats why i came here to ask.:drinks:

NSP64
01-28-2011, 11:07 AM
it has a 'snap' to it, as opposed to a large push.