PDA

View Full Version : Ed Brown comes through!

BD
01-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Back in December I started having issues with my Kimber failing to extract the last round in the mag reliably. Now, this was at the 70,000 round mark, so it wasn't exactly a shock to me. I tore it down and took a good look at the usual suspects. As a result I re-set the ejector and replaced the extractor and slide stop, along with fitting a new pin, link and bushing.

The extractor was an Ed Brown "Hardcore" that had been in there for 50,000 rounds. While it had not broken, it was worn out. The tip was down to a nub, and there was a groove worn into the slot from the case rims. I sent it back with a note, asking if "worn out" could qualify for replacement, ( Hardcore products are guaranteed against "breakage"). In last night's mail I received a brand new Hard Core extractor at no charge. So here's a big hand for another firearm business that actually honors it's guarantees with no strings or BS.

BD

That'll Do
01-28-2011, 11:18 AM
These are the types of businesses that I try to support. It seems rarer and rarer to find a place that will actually stand behind their products and work.

MtGun44
01-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Ed is a good guy, frequently recommend his 1911 parts and use them myself.

Good stuff.

Bill