PDA

View Full Version : Ding, dong, Lee calling

stubshaft
01-27-2011, 04:36 PM
I received a call from Lee Precision Customer Service this morning to tell me that the Bator mould I returned 3 weeks ago was repaired? and would be shipped out tomorrow.

I was suprised that they would have taken the time to do this. Most if not all of the other companies that I have returned products to don't even bother. So I'll give them a brownie point for doing this and another two if the mould actually works.

bowfin
01-27-2011, 04:46 PM
I still owe Lee fifty cents for a run of .32 NAA dies they made for me as a group buy from another forum.

mold maker
01-27-2011, 05:48 PM
LEE has always treated me with respect and did the right thing by me. My loading bench is slowly turning red, and my pocket feels the change.

geargnasher
01-27-2011, 09:53 PM
LEE has always treated me with respect and did the right thing by me. My loading bench is slowly turning red, and my pocket feels the change.

Mine is red and green, mostly red, and not Hornady red, either.

Gear

btroj
01-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Lee puts out a good product. I like their hand primer. I have some of their dies, no problem. I REALLY like the 6 cav moulds for handguns, lots of bullets fast.
I have loading stuff from many companies. I buy what fits my needs. No brand loyalty per se. And no ego buying either.
If it works, I keep it. Period.

Brad

Cowboy T
01-27-2011, 11:54 PM
You said it, Brad. My beam scale is an RCBS 'cause they're really good (Ohaus-manufactured). My tumbler is Frankford Arsenal. My media sifter is Lyman, as is my main reloading manual. All my presses and dies are Lee, as are all but one of my moulds (the "odd man out" is a MiHec HP mould). Why? Because what I just listed is what happens to fit my needs at this time.

RobS
01-28-2011, 12:45 PM
Mix reloading/casting equipment here with Lee Red for presses. I use to have a Lee Classic Turret, it's a great press, and currently have their Classic single stage and two LoadMasters. I've needed some things from time to time for example I had a crimp die where the crimp sleeve was out of round some how and they sent one out no questions asked. I've also needed some replacement parts here and there and only once they charged me which is fine I lost the part which isn't a fault in their product. I usually ask to talk to technical personnel and they are always listening and friendly.

DragoonDrake
01-28-2011, 01:49 PM
My press turret press is rcbs as are the dies I use in it. My progressive is Hornady and the dies that I use in it are LEE. About half of my molds are LEE. I love there 6-cav molds for practical pistol shooting, but for my LONG range stuff I find RCBS, BRP, and NOE shoot just a little better.

All in all I am with Brad, if it works keep it. If not trade away and try somebody else.

Adam

Charlie Two Tracks
01-28-2011, 06:23 PM
On my Lee Classic Turret press, I have two Lee dies an RCBS die and a Lyman die. Works for me.

stubshaft
02-01-2011, 07:21 PM
GOT IT BACK TODAY!

Gave it a spritz with Kroil and went over it with an old toothbrush. NO, Leementing of any kind. The inside look as good as one of Al's moulds and the cavities are crisp and clean, they look like they were polished at Lee. Got it back with some lube and a letter of apology for the inconvenience. I was half expecting to get the new style shank but was pleasantly suprised to find the older style. Even the exterior looks good and it is the first Bator mould that I have that had any numbers stamped on it.

Got the pot up to temp and preheated the mould. After about the 5th pour I began to get clean sharp corners in the grooves and good base fill out. Boolits just fell out of it !

I couldn't wait to see if Lee had fixed the original problem, which was an oversize shank. I grabbed a couple of Hornady gas checks (gators were out of stock last time I needed any), and tried them on.

The fit was perfect!

Thanks Lee...