PDA

View Full Version : Long Range Handi Rifle Sights

GunnyJohn
01-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Has anyone found a decent sight for long range shooting. Something quickly adjustible, say out to 500-600 yrds. It gets kinda hard to hit things when you have to hold completely off the target.

NVScouter
01-26-2011, 04:04 PM
www.brownells.com

Should have all the sites you want if your talking a tang site. Marbels are nice and fairly inexpensive.

mattbowen
01-26-2011, 09:37 PM
GunnyJohn;

Here's one I am having one put on mine, it is marked out to 1000yds.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=18735/Product/WESSON___HARRINGTON_LONG_RANGE_SIGHT

Matt

NickSS
01-26-2011, 10:17 PM
If you are serious about hitting at ranges up to 600 yards you should get a sight that has windage adjustment as well as elevation. A good way to go is with a soule type tang sight. These can be mounted on the wrist of the stock with wood screws or by inletting a steel plate that is drilled and tapped for the tang sight. With a mid range sight you should be able to get on out to 800 yards and the windage will allow you to correct for both wind drift and rifle drift at those longer ranges. Believe me when I say that for long range shooting you really need to be able to correct for windage or you will miss a lot more

bubba.50
01-27-2011, 01:30 PM
buffalo arms lists one specifically for h&r's. it fits the factory scope mount holes. it's about $200.00 if i remember correctly. have a good'en friend, bubba.

mattbowen
01-28-2011, 09:02 AM
Bubba.50;

I got one and still had to have one hole drilled and tapped.

JSnover
01-28-2011, 10:03 AM
If you are serious about hitting at ranges up to 600 yards you should get a sight that has windage adjustment as well as elevation. A good way to go is with a soule type tang sight. These can be mounted on the wrist of the stock with wood screws or by inletting a steel plate that is drilled and tapped for the tang sight. With a mid range sight you should be able to get on out to 800 yards and the windage will allow you to correct for both wind drift and rifle drift at those longer ranges. Believe me when I say that for long range shooting you really need to be able to correct for windage or you will miss a lot more

+1!
Been there and done that. At 500-600 yards it's different ballgame. You won't get there with a budget sight.