PDA

View Full Version : if you have brass just hanging around....

mike in co
11-06-2006, 07:07 PM
i took two 5 gallon buckets of range brass to the recycler this am... just a tad over 100 lbs.....and walked away with just over $160...........a big jump from the 20 or so cents a pound i was offered last year.

so looks like lots of things are eating up soft metals and the cost to the consumer is rising, which in turn means the recycling market is up.

if you need components...buy them now. most mgfr's re-do pricing in jan/feb right around the time of the SHOT show. brass prices went up. primers went up.. all mid year this year
if you got the coin..buy now...invest in your future!

my brass funds went to( yes its all gone) the big fat 44 group buy, my nra membership, and my gun club membership.....

Maven
11-06-2006, 07:43 PM
The good news is that our local recycler paid me $1.00/lb. for cartridge brass last week. The bad news is that he charged $0.75/lb. for WW's!

felix
11-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Rolled brass, a yard wide, custom gas check thicknesses, is about 6.50 per pound delivered. ... felix

rmb721
11-06-2006, 10:25 PM
A month ago,I got $1.25 a pound for empty 22 shells. A 5 gallon bucket= 51 lbs.= $63.75

robertbank
11-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Shucks even up here we are getting 85 cents a lb., of course that is Canadian. Don't know what they are getting on the Lower Mainland. Shipping here comes into play for the recycler. But WW if you buy them are only 15 cents a lb. Shipping works both ways depends on your status ie buyer/seller. LOL

Take Care

Bob

Hunter
11-09-2006, 12:40 AM
I am a plumber so I have noticed brass and copper steady climbing. I have been saving brass a while now even for cailbers I don't own (yet, you never know) so I have a fair supply of brass. I will scower the tire shops for lead keeping in mind what Robert Bank told me "you can never have enough". The increasing cost of metals is one reason I began to investigate casting as a hobby.

KYCaster
11-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Another plumber here. I've been getting around $3.00/lb. for brass valves and fittings and yesterday I got 70 cents for cartridge brass. (go figger) I also found they'll pay $100.00/ton for WW clips, a couple of years ago when I asked, they wouldn't take them at all. And they sell WW for 40 cents.

Jerry