PDA

View Full Version : My Reloading Bench

leadman
01-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Saw another thread on building a reloading bench so thought I would post mine that I built about 7 or 8 years ago.

It has been working very well for me but I would make the top taller to include more storage if I did it again.

The tall door under the lubersizer originally contained my casting pot and accessories but I have since moved them. I am going to add shelves in here for more storage of powder, lubing supplies, and books.

With Lee now producing a device to quickly interchange loading tools this would be a good option and would take up less room, although I do utilize the space to keep things handy.

Lets see some of your benches!

lead-1
01-25-2011, 02:18 PM
While I am a user of some LEE products and OK with them you might check out the docking system in this thread. It is made by a member here, PatMarlin, and looks to be worlds stronger than the LEE system.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=68714

RayinNH
01-25-2011, 04:04 PM
leadman, very neat setup, how can you get anything done?

Why didn't I think to move my reloading gear to the kitchen.:kidding:...Ray

SPRINGFIELDM141972
01-25-2011, 04:12 PM
Waaaaaay too clean to be real. Must be photoshopped.

John Guedry
01-25-2011, 05:00 PM
Very nice +1 on too clean.

Charlie Two Tracks
01-25-2011, 05:42 PM
Very nice setup. Where did you get the cabinets at? I really like the looks of that.

leadman
01-25-2011, 10:03 PM
This is in the garage. The sink unit we found at an antique store in Prescott so I put it in the garage next to the washer as there was water there.
I built the reloading cabinet from scratch, no plans, just an idea of what I wanted.
I cleaned up the garage after disassembling my "casting closet" that had my shotmaker in it and a place for my lead pot. I posted that awhile back to show how I mounted a 20" box fan in it to pull the fumes away from me. My blood lead level had risen so that was the incentive.
Casting and shooting is going to be limited per doctors advice so I thought I better clean up.

Where the lubersizer is mounted is a device I made so I can slip my presses, trimmer and other items mounted on double 3/4" plywood boards and tighten one thumb screw to secure them in place. The tall door on the left holds the extra presses, etc mounted.

Southern Son
01-26-2011, 01:44 AM
I like the way you have set up the cupboard on the side so that you can store the presses you aint using. However, I think that you might have gone too far with trying to start a new trend, CLEAN will never catch on!!:bigsmyl2:

songdog53
01-27-2011, 10:07 AM
Very nice....i fear mine is never that clean.

hoosierlogger
01-27-2011, 07:14 PM
I am too embarrassed to post a pic of mine. Besides I couldnt even if I wanted to. I sat the camera down on it two weeks ago and I havent seen it since.