PDA

View Full Version : My Friend John passed on.....

Red River Rick
01-25-2011, 01:02 AM
My friend and hunting buddy passed away suddenly January 22, 2011 at the age of 65 years. He was not a member here, but he loved casting and hunting with cast boolits.

John was a avid hunter and shooter. He loved big game hunting with S/S rifles, weather it be a Sharps, Rolling Block, Ballard or a Ruger, he enjoyed them all.

We hunted togeather many times over the years, and even made a number of trips to Northern Canada caribou hunting. John's weekly visits (every Saturday, like clockwork) will be surely missed.

He is gone forever but will never be forgotten!

R.I.P.

"May you Rest in Peace my Friend and spent eternity in the Happy Hunting Grounds in the sky".

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e239/RedRiverRick/JOHNx.jpg

February 1, 1944 - January 22, 2011

:(

Bret4207
01-25-2011, 08:35 AM
I'm sorry for your loss, but you give a fine testament to the man. Cherish the good memories.

Boz330
01-25-2011, 10:07 AM
My condolences Rick.

Bob

dragonrider
01-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Sorry you lost your friend Rick,

Bullshop
01-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Love for another human being is rather a strange thing. It can be the source of the greatest joy in your life when good times can be shared and it can be the source of the greatest pain we could ever know through shared suffering or separating through death.
I dont know where you and your friend are spiritually and I wont go there in trying to ease your burden.
What I will say is that at least for me it helps to fill the empty hole left by the passing by in a way keeping them with me. I like to keep photos of my loved ones in my SPACE, the places I spend most of my time. It may sound silly but I also talk to them. Not like in a vision or anything like that but to the memory that the photos help keep alive. For me it helps make the void seem not so big.
I know its of little comfort but its about all I have to offer, that and that I am truly sorry for your loss of a loved one and since some members here have become rather the same to me I do feel a part of your pain.

Dean D.
01-31-2011, 02:49 AM
Rick, I am very sorry to hear of John's passing. It sounds like our community is diminished very much in losing him. You and his family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Rest in Peace John.

Dennis Eugene
01-31-2011, 03:00 AM
So very sorry for your loss and truly wish that I had had the chance to meet him. As he sounds like one to have walked the trails beside. Dennis

roaddog1m
01-31-2011, 03:09 AM
Fair winds and following seas John. I hope someday that I have left such a whole in someones life when I pass.

I have to echo what Bullshop said too. I buried my old hunting partner last Jun 30th. She was a dog though. I still go visit her grave and talk to her a little.

rockrat
01-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Sounds like a man I would have been proud to have known. We seem to have the same likes in casting and firearms.

I know how you feel. I lost my "little brother" about 3 years ago and still miss him terribly. You could say he was my "brother of different parents". His boys are like my nephews. We were best of friends for 40 years.

I will see him again some day.

Just Duke
03-18-2011, 07:34 PM
Sorry for your loss Rick.

JeffinNZ
03-18-2011, 08:16 PM
65 in not nearly old enough. Chin up.