PDA

View Full Version : New use for Bullplate lube

tinsnips
01-24-2011, 10:32 PM
At least it is for me. I was casting this weekend an i noticed the Lyman 4 cavity mold drug on the steel mold guide rod {RCBS pot}. I coated the mold guide and the bottom of the mold made a real difference for me Try it you might like it!

btroj
01-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Short of salad dressing what isn't it good for?

xringshutr
01-25-2011, 12:54 AM
Good idea tinsnips. I have a Lee 4-20 and use it to lube the top guide pin and bottom pour nozzle where the valve handle rides against each of them. This works really great and smooths up the whole assembly. Actually makes using the Lee bearable. Someday I'll get a really good casting pot (RCBS).

Troj, try it tossed in your salads, like a caesar and it tastes much better.

:drinks:

cbunt1
01-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Short of salad dressing what isn't it good for?

It's good on toast...little bore butter, little bullplate...mmm mmm mmm:kidding:

Calamity Jake
01-25-2011, 10:26 AM
Try lubing your loading press ram with it!!!!!! NNNNIIIICCCEEEE

geargnasher
01-25-2011, 03:35 PM
Good idea tinsnips. I have a Lee 4-20 and use it to lube the top guide pin and bottom pour nozzle where the valve handle rides against each of them. This works really great and smooths up the whole assembly. Actually makes using the Lee bearable. Someday I'll get a really good casting pot (RCBS).

Troj, try it tossed in your salads, like a caesar and it tastes much better.

:drinks:

+1 on that. I did an overhaul on my Pro 4-20 the other day to repair the loose guide screw at the bottom (stripped the "threads" in the side panel) and the lightbulb went on in my head when I was figuring a way to keep the drag from loosening the screw. I applied BP to the outside of the spout, guide screws, and pintle and adjusting screw, worked great. I recoat at the beginning of each casting session and it runs like a Swiss clock.

BP is also the best tap lube you'll find for gummy aluminum alloys.

Gear

mtgrs737
01-26-2011, 12:37 PM
I have been using it for an assembly lube and mould guide lube on my RCBS pot, it makes them slide smoothly. It also has applications in gun lube/care.

theperfessor
01-26-2011, 01:22 PM
I was out of case lube and needed to resize a bunch of mixed headstamp range pickup 9mms a while back. Even though I use an RCBS carbide sizer it was taking a lot of effort. I finally ripped the rim off a case and had to punch it out. Bullplate to the rescue! I put a little on a small sponge and rolled the cases across it. The cases sized with noticeably less effort and no more rim damage. Probably could have used another lube but it was sitting right there on the bench in front if me.

Tedak
01-26-2011, 03:44 PM
I see that Bullshop has the Bullplate in 2 oz bottles. Is there a minimum order requirement? I've really been wanting to try this stuff.

tward
01-26-2011, 04:28 PM
Suggest you buy 2 bottles, you'll eventually tip one over, then you're covered. Worked for me!:smile:

Alchemist
01-26-2011, 07:03 PM
Does Dan special order those round bottom bottles, or does Bullplate have some mystical power to spill itself?

So far the only bottle I "spilled" was intentional...right into the melted beeswax. Speed Green lube is gooood stuff! Smells good enough to eat, but I'm savin' it for the boolits!

RP
01-26-2011, 07:35 PM
How I dont spill my lube. I have a shelf under my casting pot to hold molds for me and a small muffin type pan under it. As I cast any lead drips are pushed off into one part of the muffin pan and the other part has some lube in it with a Q tip in it. Just a little in it keeps the Q tip ready to go and very handy. The lube is sitting on the shelf safe and sound until I need more.
http://http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg31/Ricky1965/RELOADING/035.jpg
Thats the muffin pan I dont have a pic of the entire setup.

Tedak
01-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Suggest you buy 2 bottles, you'll eventually tip one over, then you're covered. Worked for me!:smile:

Thanks!

Spill..... who, me?:D

geargnasher
01-26-2011, 08:57 PM

If I remember right they can ship up to two bottles in an envelope and it's only a few more bucks for the second bottle, so it's a no-brainer.

By the way, my bottles are flat-bottomed and I spilled one anyway!

Gear