PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina Mustard Fried Venison

Dixie Slugs
11-05-2006, 06:22 PM
Lay out your steaks on a cutting board, sprinkle on a little garlic powder, and use the edge of a saucer (like cubed steak) on both sides. Pour a jar of mustard in a stainless bowl and add about the same amount of water (pure water). Soak the steaks in this overnite.
Now......the important part! Take the dripping steaks out of the mustard/water and flour quick. Lay the steaks on a cutting board and let the mustard/water soak all the way through the flour. Deep fry quick so they don'r get too dry inside.
Regards, James

PatMarlin
11-06-2006, 02:36 AM
Gotta Try that.. :drinks:

C1PNR
11-09-2006, 06:24 PM
I saw a similar method a while back which I just love! In that one you didn't marinate the meat, but rather dredged the meat in a dark mustard (I use Guldens) then in eggs and flour.

I've used it on cube steak, too, and it's a real taste treat. I'll have to try this one, too.:-D

DLCTEX
11-09-2006, 09:25 PM
Reminds me of frying fish, yellow bass, scaled, gutted, deheaded, dipped in yellow mustard then genreously sprinkled with black pepper, then deep fied until they float. When I saw the Cajun lady prepare them I thought I wouldn't like it, was I ever wrong!

mommicked
11-13-2006, 08:59 AM
We've been known to cook some like that now and then too. Ever fry some with Old Bay? Try it, but don't have too many folks standin' around, you might not get any!:-D