PDA

View Full Version : 32 wadcutter

emptyhead
01-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Hi guys I was wondering if any of you could help me out. My friend is going to be shooting a walther in 32 for bullseye and will need to start reloading soon. My question is what kind of dies to order, 32 s&w long? Do any of you have a good load you are using? Thanks

John J
01-23-2011, 11:16 AM
any good quality carbides dies for 32 S&W long will work...but what your going to be looking for is a roll crimp die
the other thing you should be looking for is how long the expander is...it should go as deep into the case as far as the bullet does....so your not swaging the bullet down when seating it

I've just started to load for the 32wc and have been searching around to diffrent sites to find infomation on how to load it

as for good loads that will depend on the pistol it will tell you what it likes..i would go and buy 1 box of lapua to use as a standard to see how you gun shoots...then there will be a lot of load development

as for the loads that I'm looking at now are...with a 98g lwc

1.5 bullseye
1.7 ww 231
1.2-1.4 vv310... vihtavuori powder is what lapua uses in ther 32wc

hopes this gives you a baseline to start from

feel free to pm if you like

John J

bhn22
01-23-2011, 04:14 PM
I have also loaded 32 long & 32 H&R with 32 ACP dies. I had to use the correct shell holder of course, but everything worked perfectly.