PDA

View Full Version : Corbon: You would think we could rely on them to help fight bans...

Dannix
01-23-2011, 04:07 AM
You would think we could rely on them to help fight bans.
http://corbon.com/New-Products.html

steg
01-23-2011, 04:42 AM
It seems to me that they would come out on the plus side if lead ammo was banned, after all they are the ones making the substitute for the lead bullets, just my 2 cents....steg

cheese1566
01-23-2011, 10:18 AM
I wouldn't jump to conclusions here...I don't see any mention or talk of them actually supporting lead bans...

I know these guys and have been though there facility. 99% of their products still rely on lead. They took quite a hit in trying to get supplies (primers, brass, powder, copper jackets) the last few years with the shortages and are now getting back on their feet.

They are a benefit to the community and shooting industry overall.
[smilie=1:

btroj
01-23-2011, 10:23 AM
They are filling a niche. Looks like good business to me. They are not supporting a ban, they are providing a bullet to agencies hit by the ban.

mike in co
01-23-2011, 12:01 PM
they offer a lead free bullet/round....guess what so do others..its not new, its just new for them...
they need to support thier markets to stay in business....

nowhere does it say they support lead bans,,,,nowhere....

you missed on this one

mike in co

captaint
01-23-2011, 02:47 PM
Why should Corbon fight for us?? I haven't bought any Corbon ammo ever.. Have you??? enjoy Mike

ReloaderFred
01-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Cor-Bon, like other ammunition companies, is being forced to produce lead free bullets by local, state and federal laws. If they want to stay in the market, they have to adapt, just like all the others. I was told by a rep from Federal last week at the SHOT Show that lead styphnate primers are going to disappear in the next few years. It's not by choice at the manufacturers, but they're being told to by the regulators.

As for buying any brand of ammunition, you'll find that less than 10% of the shooters are reloaders. The majority depend on commercially manufactured ammunition for all their shooting. The ammunition companies are going to cater to the 90%, not the 10%.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Hickory
01-23-2011, 06:03 PM
My crystal ball tells me that in the future
perpetrator shot with lead bullets and survive
will be able to sue the shooter/victim
for attempted poisoning using a lead bullet.:veryconfu

deltaenterprizes
01-23-2011, 06:28 PM
Sounds to me like a lead free Glaser Safety Slug.

mike in co
01-23-2011, 06:34 PM

there are no survivors of cast boolit shootings.....

nicholst55
01-23-2011, 07:06 PM
there are no survivors of cast boolit shootings.....

Anything worth shooting once is worth shooting twice...

eljefe
01-24-2011, 08:19 AM
I use frangible all the time in our indoor range for 223, 308 and
other cf rifle rounds. It allows us to permit shooters to practice
in a setting that was previously not available to them.

Police agencies also use frangible in shoot houses. It poses
less risk to missed rounds over penetrating the structure.

starmac
01-24-2011, 07:46 PM

There has been lawsuits as long as I can remember, It is always best in a shooting situation if only one side of the story is told.

leftiye
01-24-2011, 09:11 PM
"If it screams, .. shoot it" If it screams in German, shoot it again" Band of Brothers

steg
01-26-2011, 10:24 PM
It looks like I have to retract my first post, I was under the impression that all they made were the lead free rounds...........................steg