PDA

View Full Version : One Of Those Days.

01-21-2011, 11:56 PM
The day started out great, as I made my monthly platelet donation -- actually, it's every three weeks. Then, it was off to the range for a bit of on-going load developement. Upon arrival at the bench, I noticed that there was a lot of .30-'06 brass strewen about, most likely from a Garand shooter. I'm now 64-pieces richer. After that, it went downhill, as the two rifles and a handgun shot patterns rather than groups.

This evening, I was using a new Hornady New Dimension die, for the first time, to size the newly polished .30-'06 brass. On the 27th piece the decapping pin broke.

I got out a back-up RCBS die and continued. The fifth case got stuck in the die.

I packed it in.

I've e-mailed Hornady and requested a new decapping rod. Tomorrow, I will deal with the stuck case. The die may need a new expander button, too.

I hope your day was better.

It's Miller time.

3006guns
01-22-2011, 12:30 AM
Buddy, we've ALL had days where no matter what you touched........well, it didn't turn to gold.

The days ahead will much better.

01-22-2011, 09:55 PM
This morning, I removed the stuck case, when back at it, and promptly broke two decapping pins. I'll call RCBS, Monday.

The casualty count was three broken decapping pins and one stuck case. The brass was once-fired Remington and all were lubed.

This experience will not deter me from continuing to bring home stray brass.

Onward.

Big Dave
01-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Some days you can't make an honest nickel and other days it rains.
Then there are the days when the bus breaks down and you don't even make it to the ballpark.
Hang in there, it has to get better sometime. Doesn't it???

mold maker
01-22-2011, 11:15 PM
The plastic end cap on my radiator split and gave me a very hot yellow shower. I wont into the rest.

Von Gruff
01-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Hang in there, it has to get better sometime. Doesn't it???

Ofr course it does. Wars end as do depressions, storms, dark nights, and bad days (and bad presidencies for that matter)

Sometimes it just seems like forever.

Von Gruff.

rugerdude
01-23-2011, 02:06 AM
Keep smiling, it kills time between disasters!! :mrgreen:

Yes I have had those days! Fortunately, they don't come everyday. Keep plugging on and remember that even though it can always get worse, it usually gets better!

Bret4207
01-23-2011, 09:53 AM
My favorite aying for days like that (and I have a LOT of them) "Well, my fun meter is about pegged out!".

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all, gloom, despair and agony on me. Apologies to Hee Haw.

3006guns
01-23-2011, 10:01 AM
My BIL's favorite expression......."Well that sucked the fun right out of it, didn't it?"

DCM
01-23-2011, 11:31 PM
I call those days my anti Midas touch days! Everything I touch turns to S##T!

It will get better.