PDA

View Full Version : Bodyguard, anyone?

The Pogo
01-21-2011, 02:22 PM
I've been looking for someone with a little more authority to replace my Beretta 950 B .25 cal for carrying. Cabela's is advertising a S&W .380 bodyguard for $350.00. I only know they had some trigger spring trouble for awhile. Anyone had any experience with this one?

arjacobson
01-21-2011, 05:19 PM
I carry a model 642 airweight in 38 special. Try one out at a gun shop and see what you think. I LOVE mine.. In fact it is now my main carry gun:smile:

timkelley
01-21-2011, 10:48 PM
Just picked up a Bodyguard 380 for my wife last Monday. It's been rainy and windy so I've only put a dozen rounds thru it. The trigger is smooth but quite heavy. It is getting better with a bunch of dry fireing. Seems like it will be good.

BruceB
01-21-2011, 11:26 PM
Sure wish the gunmakers wouldn't assign old, classic names to new guns. For DECADES, if someone said "Bodyguard", we knew he was talking about a shrouded-hammer 5-shot S&W J-frame revolver in .38 Special. Nowadays.....?

On the subject of guns for ladies, I bought a Kahr .45 for our daughter a couple weeks back. My wife saw and handled it, and liked it so much that I'll have one more just like it arriving here on Monday. If they're worth shooting, it pays to send the very best....and that's .45 caliber in my book. Still, ANY gun is better than NO gun. I'm glad to see more ladies carrying for their own protection.

The Pogo
01-22-2011, 12:33 AM
Welllll....I ain't no lady and pro'ly wouldn't be if'n i was feemale but I'm 79 and one'a them itis boys has got to me. Actually I have all too familiar a relationship with both Arthur and Tendon. My 1911 (Taurus) .45 and S&W .357 are about too much for the hand unless I'm gloved and ready to go shootin'. And the little Beretta is a bit wimpy for anything but fun unless you can put it in the eye. Cabela's has a S&W .380 semi w/ integral laser (Bodyguard) that LOOKS like it would be easily carried and reasonably effective in the case of need. And it's only $350.00 so I think It'd work but I'd like some input before I buy.

Timkelley, I've got a coupla days before I have to buy so let me know how that trigger pull progresses please.