PDA

View Full Version : western wash get together

realfisher
01-20-2011, 02:04 AM
i would like to have regular get togethers by those of us in washington stste.
i can set up dates at my range or we can use other areas. even differant spots.

quilbilly
01-21-2011, 01:56 PM
You certainly have my undivided attention. Count me in if it isn't during pink salmon season (I wholesale tackle for salmon). Where are you located?

Dennis Eugene
01-21-2011, 10:08 PM
I just might be interested, I was born and raised in Forks. Dennis

looseprojectile
01-23-2011, 03:28 AM
It would be fun to share some of my stuff and see what others have.
I have never, not enjoyed get togethers that involved shooting and collecting.
I am in Chehalis.

Life is good

jpatm2
01-27-2011, 01:18 AM
I would be interested in a get together. I am in the Tacoma area. Any knowlege, mentorship, etc. that I could glean from y'all, the better off I will be.

quilbilly
01-27-2011, 01:45 AM
What's needed for a small get-together of cast boolit shooters here in the NW is a 100 yard range and a covered area (temporary or permanent) to keep out the rain with room enough for 4-6 shooting benches underneath. Once you have that set a date five weeks ahead and see who comes. The participants can bring the rest such as coffee/doughnuts, targets, etc. Someone needs to act as range master for safety.
It doesn't need to be complicated for the first time.
I went to last year's NCBS for the first time and had as much fun as a guy can stand.

hotwheelz
03-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Ive been away for awhile just found this thread Sounds great , if we go pistol or pistol calber carbines I can set a date for us to do some steel plate shooting at Paul Bunyan rifle and sportsman. Let me know ....

Baryngyl
01-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Looks like this idea ran out of steam before it even got started.

Michael Grace

quilbilly
01-25-2012, 01:19 PM
I don't think so. We almost had something going a couple months back in the Puyallup area but other events got in the way(such as hunting seasons). Be patient. A bunch of us want this to happen.
I am even thinking of an impromptu spring get together out in Central Washington in the Seep Lakes area for some long range shooting if there is any decent weather before the mosquito's come out (didn't happen last year with that ugly weather spring). A little "boat-free" walleye fishing might be in order as well at this lake where I go for real long range shooting practice.

Stick_man
01-26-2012, 05:45 PM
Whewwwww! I saw the title of this thread and had to check it out just to make sure it wasn't some kind of a community bath or something.

:kidding::redneck:

Glad to hear it is just a friendly shoot. Sounds like good times.:Bright idea:

:Fire::2_high5::takinWiz:

:cast_boolits:

dale2242
01-27-2012, 09:34 AM
I may drive up from southern Oregon if you guys get some kind of get together.
It would be closer than my drive to Wyoming for BBPDS...dale