PDA

View Full Version : 20 ga. reloader ??

GP100man
01-17-2011, 10:03 PM
I`ve fell in love with a Baikal 20ga. O/U & want to load for it .

I`ve found a MEC 650n for $75 but it does`nt resize & I`ll have to get a super sizer to go with it but that`s just more than the bank will allow for the amount of shells I`ll be reloading !!!

Does anyone use , like or dislike the Lee loadall ????

jaguarxk120
01-17-2011, 10:45 PM
Stay with the MEC loader it's miles ahead of the other one. There is a very good chance you won't need the resizer, the MEC puts a slight taper to the loaded shell as one of the last steps.

rugerdude
01-18-2011, 12:49 AM
$75 for a MEC 650?? :holysheep I'd sure snatch that one up!!

Since you are feeding a O/U, there is a good chance you can get away without sizing as long as you stick with low brass hulls. It is when you are loading pumps and autos that resizing becomes a serious factor as they can be finicky about the size of the shell.

High brass shells and possibly heavy loads in low brass will most likely require you to resize. However, some low brass hulls have a base wad that is actually higher than the brass so you could fire heavy field loads in them with very little to no brass expansion.

Hope this helps some!

Mk42gunner
01-18-2011, 01:27 AM
I'd go with the MEC first, then see if you need the supersizer; you may not need it.

If you do, then it can be a later purchase.

Robert

lead-1
01-18-2011, 01:30 AM
I love my MEC 650 in 12 ga. and my 2 cents of input is that as long as you are reloading the shells that were fired from the Baikal you shouldn't need to resize because they won't get any bigger than the chamber of that gun.
I ran into this problem several years back, all the shells that I reloaded for my 1100 Remington fed fine back into it when reloaded (I didn't know that they weren't being resized), but they wouldn't chamber into my 870.
I just bought a 20 ga. MEC Super 600 for 50 bucks and it resizes, maybe look for one of them.

Again this is just my opinion. Good luck.

sargenv
01-18-2011, 01:58 AM
I prefer the Sizemaster over the 650 any day of the week.. collet resizer included as well as the primer feeder.. a bit more money, but in my eyes, well worth the added reliability over the other presses. I have both 12 and 20 sizemasters.