View Full Version : Winchester Angle Eject .45LC

robertbank
01-16-2011, 02:05 PM
A fellow up here has a 16" for sale. He is asking $700 shipped. Gun has a tang sight installed. Says it is in Excellent condition.

Thoughts on this gun would be appreciated. He is asking a good price for the gun so I want to be sure I am not buying into a problem.

Take Care

Bob

NickSS
01-16-2011, 07:31 PM
I have one of these and it is a nice carbine that I have used quite a bit. I am not familiar with the exchange rate currently between the US and Canada, however, the price seams too high to me. I would say that a price around $400 to 450 would be a fair price for one in excellent condition. That is around what they sell for down here in Washington State.

robertbank
01-16-2011, 07:57 PM
Yes it is almost worth going through the red tape and importing a gun from the US. Our dollar presently is at a premium to the US. 98 cents Cdn equals 1 US Dollar. New Rossies go for around $600. I just bought a NIB .357mag 20" Rossie for $550 Cdn.

I think his asking price is a bit high myself. Mind you his price includes shipping and that tang sight.

Take Care

Bob

Heavy lead
01-16-2011, 10:06 PM
I've got one in .45 Colt, with a 20" barrel. Love the rifle, hate the tang sight I put on it. It has a filler screw now, and wears a Williams Receiver sight.
Good thing about the 94 Winchester is you can make it to feed long boolits, with a little carefull file work on the carrier/lifter, I've done this to the .44 I have, and it'll feed boolits up to .470 nose length, the .45 already feeds as long as I have, around a .4" nose.
$700 is a bit much IMO.

Lloyd Smale
01-17-2011, 07:24 AM
my little trapper is a great gun. It feeds everything well and is very accurate. I sold the 45 colt but still have a 44 mag. Both were great little guns. IMO a better gun then the 94 marlins.

Lonegun1894
01-18-2011, 03:35 AM
My 94 Win Trapper 16" in .45 Colt is also a great little gun, but I paid $300 +tax for mine a few years back brand new, so $700 seems like too much. I wouldnt have an issue paying about what a Rossi goes for, but that's about it. And as has been mentioned, the only advantage the 94 Winchester has over the 92 action is that you can make it feed longer than standard ammo. If that is not a consideration, the 20" 92 Rossi I have also in .45 seems to feed a bit smoother-- if that's a concern for you. If I was just running standard lenght ammo, I would probably go with the 92 for the cheaper price, and slightly lighter feel of the rifle.

robertbank
01-18-2011, 09:47 AM
Given the comments from you folks I have decided to pass on the Winchester. No doubt it is a nice gun but I can wait for a 92 to come along. I suspect with our dollar above US par now and expected to be at or above parity for the coming year new guns will be coming on the market for existing or less prices.

Take Care

Bob