PDA

View Full Version : New 1871 Buffalo Classic

Taylor
01-16-2011, 08:56 AM
#2 son bought one for me for christmas this year.The butt plate extends 1/4" above the stock,with a 1/4" gap between the wood and metal.It is missing part of the rear sight,has a big ding in the forearm.The trigger guard and forearm spacer are made of plastic.It was quite filthy too.This was a new gun,bought through Walmart. Quality control? Quite a shame,this was the very first gun he ever actually bought himself(19 years old),he was really proud in the fact that he bought his dad a rifle. I had to box it up and send it to H&R,with a "nice letter".

Outdoors
01-17-2011, 05:00 PM
That's a bummer. Hope they make it right for ya!

Pat

cajun shooter
01-18-2011, 10:22 AM
That is a crying shame!! I can only guess how he feels inside. I know that I like all sons want to please their fathers when they are that age. My father signed up for the military at age 17 and so I did the same at age 18 to please him. First few weeks of boot had me wondering if I had made a huge mistake. Ha!! Ha!! I am sure by your posting that you have already taken care of that Gorilla on his back.

GLL
01-18-2011, 05:43 PM
Something is amiss at Walmart rather than H&R ! Sounds like they may have sold him a used and returned gun ! I would have let them take care of the problem and got the money back!

Jerry

Taylor
01-18-2011, 07:27 PM
I agree that it was more Walmart than H&R.I,personally would not accepted the rifle,but Christmas was only a couple of days away.He wanted to make sure I got what he wanted me to have.It'll work out.They also have a policy that once you take it,you own it.They even put a piece of paper in the box pushing store policy.I had a word with the guy at Walmart,don't think I didn't.One other thing that really PO'd me is that the kid who done the paperwork told my son that since he was in the military,that he would have to contact his C O. The C.O. told the kid that he didn't give a damn.I don't know what his trip was, but I talked to his supervisor,and he assured me that was not policy.I asked him if he was going to call my boss if I decided to buy a gun?