PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Calipers

jimkim
01-14-2011, 11:14 PM
I have one of these and can see no differences between them and the Chicago calipers at the shop. I think they may be the same, just without a brand. So far they've been pretty accurate.

http://www.vxb.com/page/bearings/PROD/Kit7426

mooman76
01-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Looks just like mine that I got from Harbor Freight. They've worked well for the the past 5 years. I paid $20 then but they are cheaper now.

wistlepig1
01-15-2011, 02:59 AM
Thanks for the info, I have one that looks the same and paid alot more!

Shooter6br
01-15-2011, 03:06 AM
I have the 4 in electric one works great Get it with a coupon and it is even cheaper

DCM
01-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Many years back I bought a VERY nice Mitutoyo digital $$$$ it is VERY accurate, but VERY expensive. A year or 2 back my son decided he needed one too. I saw a sale add and bought him a cheap one, brought it home and immediately checked it against some standards and the Mitutoyo. I tell you it is certainly good enough for reloading and the things MOST people will use them for! I would still check any new Mic. against standards, but would not hesitate to buy one of the cheap ones at a tenth the cost!

arjacobson
01-15-2011, 11:44 PM
I remember years ago enco had a sale on 6" calipers for $10 or $11 dollars each.. We bought 20 of them!! Always worked great for general machining,if we needed greater accuracy we kept the high dollar stuff in the tool box for that... When they got dropped/beatup/broken we swapped them out. Money well spent!!!!