PDA

View Full Version : WW score today!

frankenfab
01-14-2011, 08:33 PM
I had a 2.5 hour drive each way to my customer of the day, and had the forethought and ability to bring $200 in cash along. I stopped at 6 different tire shops on the way home. I politely asked each time "I was wondering if you had any used wheel weights you would be willing to sell?"

1."Nope we used to sell them, but now we're keeping them."

2. "Yes, we have some, we have been selling them, would you like some?"
------Qty.2 5 gallon buckets of CLEAN ww for $30 a bucket.

3. "No, we make boat anchors out of them and sell them."

4. "No, we recycle them."--further conversation clarified that he meant they put the used wheel weights back on other tires.

5. "No, I don't"

6. "Yes, we might have some"
1/2 5 gallon bucket----FREE

So I got about 275# for $60.
It made my day. A good Friday![smilie=p:

tinsnips
01-14-2011, 09:42 PM
It makes my day if i can find lead . Most of mine is pure lead as i am a plumber that removes old cast iron pipes with lead joints. The best part is i get paid to do the work and keep the lead for free. I do get more excited if i ever find WW they are not free.

*Paladin*
01-14-2011, 11:51 PM
Solid score! Congrats!

frankenfab
01-17-2011, 09:55 PM
I got a 5 gallon bucket full to the brim with a lid today for $40 on the fourth stop/try.

Now I have a good sized smelt to look forward to!:bigsmyl2:

Philngruvy
01-18-2011, 09:23 AM
I have been doing some work on our property north of us about 70 miles and I pass several tire shops on the way. So I stopped at the first and scored 22 lbs of clip on and stick on for $4. At the second stop, I acquired about 10 lbs of stickons free! The third stop, I got a 5 gal bucket about 3/4 full and a cardboard box equaling a 5 gal bucket for free. And they said they could supply me that amount every week or two, no charge!!! How lucky can a person be?

home in oz
01-20-2011, 12:47 AM
Good Score!

b money
01-20-2011, 01:46 AM
I have been looking for WW's for about a year now(off and on) and between 5 places I have managed to get about 700-800LBS best part is that I have never paid for WW's yet. that's probably going to have to change soon though:roll: