PDA

View Full Version : ARMI San Marco SA Revolver.

Four Fingers of Death
11-02-2006, 02:04 AM
I made a post earlier about a Dakota SA, but further investigation reveals that they (a second one has surfaced) are actually ASMs.

The 45 is a blue/CCH with the grip frame a mirror shine charcoal/silvery finish, looks very good.

The other one that surfaced at a neighbouring shop is a 44/40, looks new tight and notchy like a brand new gun) and is nickel plated.

Any body had any experience with these guns?

I shoot both 45 and 44WCF and am thinking about going black.

Mick.

Char-Gar
11-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Mick... All I know is that the ASM Colt clones do not have as good a reputation for quality control as does those from Uberti. As least one major US importer who used both ASM and Uberti, quit ASM over the problems of quality control.

I once had a ASM sixgun made for the old Allen Firearms (Cimarron prepecissor) and it was not good quality. I also has another ASM imported under the Cimarron name that was also not of good quality. I got rid of both of them. We are going back ten or fifiteen years with this information.

Others may have more, better or more recent information.

McLintock
11-03-2006, 04:32 PM
I had a set of Armi San Marcos that used to be marketed by EMF as their "Hartford" model, and they were absolute crap! The barrels had machining marks in a radial pattern at several points in each gun; EMF replaced the barrels and the ejector rod housing stud promptly fell off of one. The internals were soft and I got rid of them several years ago. Also bought an Armi San Marco '92 clone at the same time and the barrel had to be replaced on it, and the internal parts were soft on it also. Still got it but it's had a lot of fixing. I'd stay as far away from them as I could.
McLintock

KCSO
11-03-2006, 05:15 PM
Awfully Shi%%y Merchandise???

They will work but they need about all the help you can give them,they lead badly as the frocing cones have annular rings like a tree. Usually the cylinders need reaming to a uniform diameter and the sears are soft. With lots of tlc they can be made into a good shooting gun.